The Blue and the Grey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blue and the Grey

Hey guys, it's about time to anounce an upcoming project being created by myself and Sarsstock (Chris). The scenario is based upon the American Civil war, but doesnt end with the fighting between the divided Union and Confederacy; Britain, France, Spain and Mexico are all involved in this game.

How long will it take for the European powers to get sucked into this brutal war fought between brother and brother? Will the trenches of flanders be simulated along the banks of the Potomac river?

Britain looks to the southern states of the Confederacy for cotton, the very material which powers it's industrial heartland. Already at the outset of war Britain has met the military orders for weapons from the south, Cannon and Blocade runners leave the busy ports of Liverpool and Southampton enroute to the blocaded port of New Orleans. Will the British ships be boarded by the Union blocade? Will this constitute a declaration of war upon the Empire leading to a larger conflict?

Mexico lies in defeat, her armies defeated by the USA years before the country split in two. But her armies are being rebuilt, Mexico looks to the north, will she take advantage of the Americans war to take back Texas and California? Mexico is hungry for revenge against the Americans, but will Europeans get in the way of her dreams?

France also looks to the Confederacy for trade, but also is intrested in expansion in other places. Mexico is considerably weaker after she was defeated, will the Emporer take advantage of this moment of weakness? Or will she strike against her European neighbours if they divert their troops to North America?

Spain, the glorious days of the Conquistadors are long over. But her claims to South america and the carribean have not died, Spain lies waiting for France and Britains next move, will Spain remain neutral in this conflict, or will it too join in the fight on the global stage?

The possibilites for conflict are limitless, the future of Europe and the Americas depends on the choices you will make as leaders of the power leaders of the new and old worlds.

There are a couple of things that i would like to ask you guys, should we (me and Sarsstock) include the Gloire, the infamous French warship. She was the first of her kind, a Iron hulled-wooden warship that sparked a rush in the Royal Navy to build the HMS Warrior. Gloire was a massive threat to Britain at the time, as there were no other ships that could match her, that was until the Warrior. However it seems that not long after Gloire was built that it was discovered that Gloire has a rotten hull making her useless! So in reality the Gloire class ships were pathetic, but despite this should she be included in the scenario? Thanks to Fairline, Pablo and all the other great Civers down at CDG for helping us since our project took off

The Units and other files can be found here:
    [URL=http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/civ2/viewtopic.php?p=17830#17830]
    Last edited by ComradeCommisar; May 9, 2004, 09:23.

Here is the Cities.gif, designed by myself. I hope they convey a real 1860's feel.

Now I know this goes without saying but both Kruger and myself would appreciate it if the cities weren't used in any other scenario's until after Blue and Grey is released.
    Attached Files

Comment

These are the units.gif we are using as of now. Keep in mind its still a work in progress. None of this would be possible without Fairline's help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking Good!

Comment

Real Good

Edit; Yes, Include the french ship.
          Last edited by gerryandersson; May 14, 2004, 04:30.
          "You should count all humans as your kinfolk and the whole world as your foster country."
          - Queen Kristina

Comment

Whats the status on this? I love Civil War scenarios

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Looks fab!
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

The satus is "A Work In Progress", we are currently developing our own Gigamap from scratch.

Comment

OK thanks

Looks like you are at the beginning then.

Im glad its a Giga Map, that was going to be my next question.

Good Luck
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Ok the icons are being done at the moment

Anything anybody would like to see from this scenario?

Comment

Gunboats on the Mississippi

And a Mississippi of course that can be traversed by ships.

Leader units like Grant and Lee

Comment

Yep there will be gunboats on the Mississippi, all the major rivers will be sea squares to allow gunboats and ironclads to traverse them, also to give a more tactical feel to the map.

Unfortunately we have decided to get rid off the General units Have no fear! Their slots will be put to good use (such as a Gatling gun )

Comment

Working...
                        X