Anime mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime mod

Does anyone remember the CivSpace mod that combined elements from lots of science fiction movies?

link to Poly archive

I'd say an Anime based version would be excellent, especially for Civ's candy-colored palette.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

If anyone would want to do the technical side of things, I'd be glad to do the graphics.
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Anime rocks man! Too bad I'm occupied by my own project, otherwise I would've helped you with what I could..
      "Peace cannot be kept by force.
      It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

What do you need ITO a "technical side"? I don't know enough about anime to feel comfortable designing a tech tree, but if you want I'll assemble and alphabetize one if you give me the advances. Or something. I'd be glad to help make a project people will actually play...(glares at broken kingdom gathering dust)
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Well, I know some stuff but not enough to do the whole tech tree. I'll post this in the next Anime Apolyton thread that comes up on the OT.

Comment

Which anime could best be used to create a Civ 2 scenario from it?

Comment

He's talking about mixing up anime ideas to create a distinct composite world using themes common to all, combined with especially distinctive parts of a select few. E.G., there might be a "Giant Robot Exoskeleton" tech that lets you build those Mobile Suits AND the Voltron Force Wonder, or whatever. And "collect the seven dragonballs" might replace philosophy or something. No, I don't know much about anime.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Eurisko
                Which anime could best be used to create a Civ 2 scenario from it?
                Well, the Robotech series for one.

Gundam perhaps
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It'd be a focus on science fiction anime with a space setting, though there'd also be room for references to terrestrial ones in improvements, some of the early techs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Well, the Robotech series for one.
                    OMG! I love that serie. I even have som graphis for it, bit it's bad (not my work either), so it could use som freshing up.
                    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Well, if it's sci-fi then there are lots of series wich can be used...

An idea would be to also make a scen and have each separate civ be able to build stuff from one separate series. So you'd have a Robotech/Macross civ (or two civs, in 'civil war' one with Mospeada and Southern Cross stuff and the other with Plus, Seven and Zero stuff in addition to the basic stuff.

Then there could be a Vandread Civ (or even then two civs also, with the winners of the war (males or females) get the tech (via events) to make Vandreads.

Just ideas
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                      X