A bit of Help if you will please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of Help if you will please!

Last night i was trying to connect to a MP game for the first time in ages. I connected fine, but when the Kings Chat screen was enabled, it was to the far right of my computer? I have no idea how to click and drag it back to the center so i could see what people were writing.

I let that slide b/c i just wanted to play and i can get by w/o KC. I built my first city and low and behold the same problem. The build queue is to the far left as well which means i cannot see what i am building at all. I can change anything, i can see the name of the city, in fact i can hardly see anything inside the city screen b/c it is so far off center. And once again, unlike win9x i cant seem to minimize or move the screen around to adjust it.

I scoured the boards looking for anyone else with this issue or with XP issues last night but came up emply and thus had to quit the game

If anyone has any suggestions or if they have experienced something similar please lend a hand.
    Thanks in advance,
    War4ever
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Very weird, War. The quick fix I would try is just going to the View menu and selecting "Arrange Windows" (or Arrange Tile, can't rmember what they call it).

That's actually fixed some fairly scary-looking problems for me.

Good luck.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ok, i can give that a whirl, the odd thing is, in SP mode i dont' have these issues......only in MP.

In XP are you not able to drag your tool bar and or windows that are open b/c either i dont' know how to do it or i cannot...

GR........

Comment

Well yes - you normally can - by the usual click and hold on the bar and drag - but i must assume you have tried this ....

Stu
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Yes SG, i did try that to no avail. This is boggling my mind. I did resolve your hutfinder issue as i was missing a .dll

i am sure this will resolve itself, the other thing may be to do a complete instal again and reapply the patches.

Comment

well, i may have forgotten to put the patch on but i did it now, so i need to test it out

Comment

I'm having trouble even visualizing your problem. Since SP works fine, it must have something to do with the MP file. Try reinstalling MP and hope for the best. Good Luck!!

Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Bloody Monk,

the kings chat screen isnt' centered on my computer screen, its in the far left corner of the screen and thus i cannot read what people were writing.

the same thing with the city screen, all i can do is enter or leave the screen, trying to change production, or even see production, the tiles being used etc, is impossible. It too seems locked in the top left hand side of the screen

War4

Comment

Working...
                X