Life is Good...Btw, I'm Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is Good...Btw, I'm Back

For those who were around and remember, the last time I left the civ community was with the death of my father a little more than 2 years ago. Well, my recent hiatus was the result of learning my sister had growths in her ovaries, and for women in her age group, that often means ovarian cancer and a very short amount of time left on this planet.

The doctors wouldn't know what it was until they cut her open even though tests were promising, but given the absence of cancer in our family and her previous bout with an ovarian cyst, we thought the chances of benign growths were better than the average. Turned out our hopes were realised, no cancer! So, I'm back on my regular routine and can resume Fridays Rah's games and our saturday diplo game. If you guys found a sub for me I can play the aliens...

But life isn't perfect... I think I have arthritis - a painful bone growth - in my left wrist from golf and it's playing havoc with my swing. Every time I make the turn over with my wrists on the follow thru I get a sharp pain. I've bought some braces to wear when I play and they help reduce the twisting motion so my golfing days aren't over yet. But this might require surgery to repair, and I just bumped up my health insurance deductible.

Arthritis... bummer... but can be dealt with.

But GREAT news for your sister.

And good to see you back in action again. Fridays weren't the same without you
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yay! Berz is back!
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Good to hear the good news.

On the golf side, tough luck. Too bad it's not your right hand.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

glad to hear the good news re your sister.... as for your athritis, well if it only affecting your golf that not so bad

but being a son of a athritic sufferer i understand what you gonig thorugh, and i believe that keeping it moving is the best thing for yuo.
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Welcome back, Berz. Glad to hear the good news, dad to hear the bad.

See a doctor, dude, and get a real diagnosis. What you describe doesn't sound like arthritis to me.
            Maybe a ganglion?
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Thx all, my sister knows quite about biology and she said there's a form of arthritis that can create bone growths. I thought it was just a broken or dislocated bone, I have another one in my left hand, but she said it felt like a growth. I will pay a visit to a sports medical center here in town to have it checked out, but I swear, my hand will have to be cut off before I give up golf. The braces help alot so until I have an official diagnosis and a plan to remedy the situation I'll use the braces.

And yes, I'll be here Friday and Saturday for our games.

Comment

wb berz

Comment

Berz just has severe carpal tunnel from playing civ and posting libertarian rants in the OT.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Thank goodness! Relatively good news Berz.

And great news you are back with us!
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Welcome back Berz!

I am glad to hear all is well (save your arthritis - you must be some golfer).

And we haven't picked a sub, we all hoped you would come back.

Now if only Frank would show up.

Comment

WE can't wait any longer. We have to play tomorrow with whoever shows otherwise...
                        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Deity said 9 pm est, I'll be here...

Comment

nice news to hear berz
                            "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

good to have you back berz
                              "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Working...
                              X