Succession Game Civ Group - News Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Succession Game Civ Group - News Editor

It strikes me that this new Civ Group News feature could be quite useful to us - in the way that the current 'Status Report' thread is useful ...

It appears that we need News Editors - I am willing to stand as one - but certainly should not be the only one.

Any other volunteers?

Do we need a poll? (nasty Demo Game concept!)

Stu
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

What would be involved?
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Pass - I simply read the announcement -- but I gather that any group member can post news items but that they need to be vetted by the mods or the news editors - I have tried this out and posted our first 'news item' - click on the Group name above to see this - someone (Ming?) passed it for publication and it is now there....

Comment

... or it appears that you can click on the little C2 SG icon to the left of our posts ...

Comment

I'll volunteer to be a news editor as well, but would prefer a snappy title...
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Great God of Electronic Egypt, perhaps?

Comment

I quite like this little feature. Previously I've only used the CivGroup function as a badge - just to let people know which Civ my heart is with.

Doubt that I'll volunteer my writing services yet (I haven't always even got the time to play my SXN turns), but if I have anything I want to put up there, then I shall just PM it to one of you two.

Comment

Nice write up. Any desire to start a lower level game to see if there is a market for it?
                Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Nope - if I have understood this correctly - you go to the news page and press 'Submit News' you get a form similar to the 'Post Reply' form - but it does not seem to accept [ img ] flags. However, rather than appearing immediately as a reply does it goes into electronic limbo until it is 'passed' by a mod or editor.

Ming, rah - have I got this right?????

Comment

'Lower level game' - never!

Comment

O n S - feel free to start a lower-level game, but I'm not sure how much support you'd get from the regulars here. You'd also have to get out and about with a big advert in your signature to bring this to the attention of potential newbies. I could be persuaded to take a few turns, but only if there looked to be a decent level of support. Not sure how interested I'd be in playing at Prince with only a couple of others.

If you played a scenario at the recommended level (usually Prince or King), then you might get more support - especially from La Fayette if he hasn't already beaten the scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                        Great God of Electronic Egypt, perhaps?
                        Um, no. Maybe a simple Minister of Information would do.
                        Or Minister Plenipotentiary. I've always loved the sound of that...

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                          If you played a scenario at the recommended level (usually Prince or King), then you might get more support - especially from La Fayette if he hasn't already beaten the scenario.

I always play scenarios at Deity level
                          (or highest difficulty level available)
                          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I have just had an e-mail from Gramphos appointing -Jrabbit & I as News Editors for Civ2 - Succession Games.

This means that any news items we submit go through automatically - and that if we click on the 'Moderate News' button we get to check out any pending items from others - this implies that 'others' should give us a heads-up when they shove any news item into the pending state.

Let's hope this new feature proves helpful ...

Stu

Comment

Thanks for the follow-through, Stu.

Query for the group: Do you think we should we include intra-succession group news, or concentrate mainly on stories of more general enterest to lure outsiders into the fold?

Comment

Working...
                              X