Sub Needed - Temporarily Leaving Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Needed - Temporarily Leaving Civ

I need a sub for the Indian civ in HOTW 4 this saturday night at 9-10 EST. The sub is invited to play the Indians to the end of the game.

I'm leaving the civ community for a while, hopefully only a month or so, but that remains to be seen. It could be longer or even permanent in a worst case scenario. I won't go into the details but I just received bad news, potentially very bad news, and my enthusiasm for time consuming extra-"curricular" activities has been zapped. Life just became very depressing

Rah and Ming, my hiatus includes our Friday night games too.

Sorry for this inconvience everyone...

I wish you luck in whatever curves life has tossed at you... I hope it isn't permanent... you will be missed.

And maybe there is still another Apolyton Chicago Open in your future

Again... good luck and keep on Civin' when you are able.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There is little more I'd like than another visit to Chi-town, but even that is up in the air at this point. Thanks Ming, I'm hoping for the best...

Comment

I could potentially do that, if you'd care for such takeover. ICQ moi

Comment

Sorry to hear that Berz. Game is interestingly poised with you at helm of Indians. Good luck with it all. And hope to see you back here soon!
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Zylka says he can take the civ this Saturday but isn't sure he can become the permanent owner. There is a very slight chance my problems in the non-civ world will blow over and I can resume if no sub can be found for later sessions but that would be quite surprising at this point.

Can y'all tell Zylka what time Saturday the game will resume? I filled him in on the situation but I wasn't sure on all the new rules. 3 city max can be taken per turn? 1 nuked city per turn?

Comment

Good luck Berz, our thoughts will be with you. I hope everything works out. Especially for another Chicago Open.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

wait, why would I ditch one of my remaining weekly RR games on this schedule

Berz, I'll take this week - but won't take the full slot. Sorry.

Comment

im sorry to read about any troubles you have berz
                  if i can help in any way... contact me.
                  "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Thx Rah and Boann...

And thx Zylka, that will help alot.

I should know more about the situation in a few days.

Comment

Oops, and thx Deity

Comment

As Zlyk temporarily slides over to the dark side.

Yes, Berz, while I doubt we can do anything, if we can, you know you just have to ask.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

sorry to hear that berz you will be truly missed, you were a great mate in the civ world...
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                          X