Missing Withdraw Troops option under Democracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Withdraw Troops option under Democracy

I'm having a memory problem and can not recall seeing this before. I hope it is normal and not something wrong with my game files. Please advise.

While in Democracy, looking at the Diplomacy screen for an AI for which there is a ceasefire, there is no option to "Insist you withdraw your troops." This is all the time, not just the turn before a sneak attack. Makes it impossible to nag the AI into war.

Is it always like this?? Thanks!!

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

It's always like this during a ceasefire. You can only order them out if you make peace with them first.

Comment

Confirmed.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Thanks!!

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

To needle them during a ceasefire, move a few sacrificial units around within their city radii. They cannot order you out either, but they get pretty steamed about it...

Comment

This is a great use for obsolete units if you have somehow missed building Leo's. The AI are going to sneak attack whether you like it or not, so you may as well let them have their enormous bonus on a unit upon which it will make little difference.

Comment

On a related note, I've often seen with "contact" the message, "the ceasefire has expired...". Now often (almost always it seems) the next turn has a sneak attack. And now that I've recognized this I have sometimes been able to provoke a war declaration on my turn & proceeded to enjoy said benefits in a timely fashion.

Has there been any sort of test regarding the "the ceasefire has expired..." message and followup consequences?
              Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

My experience suggests that when your peace treaty turns into "contact" or your ceasefire expires, the AI is always going to attack imminently, probably the next turn.

Comment

Once in an MP game with AI players, cease fire with an AI expired twice during the same turn.

There appears to be no rule governing the expiration of cease fire.

Comment

As far as I've seen, if you are encroaching on an AI's territory when there is only "Contact", they WILL attack you the next turn. I haven't noticed this if you aren't in their territory. It happens, but infrequently.
                    Vote Democrat
                    Support Democracy

Comment

Working...
                    X