Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get civ 2 gold to work ... Can anyone give a lil advice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get civ 2 gold to work ... Can anyone give a lil advice ?

Connection to game machine keeps failing .. what could it be ?

Is the host behind a router or a firewall?
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

wrong version of civ2 , have you got the latest patch ??
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

What's your OS?
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

My host is ok ... I was trying to hook up with my bro's computer and i played with you rah so it most be ok ! ... My operating system is windows 98 .... I'm using SBC Yahoo as my inter-net provider .... Thats' what got me ... I don't understand ... On my brothers computer i got it up and running fine but on my computer .. I can't get it going really sucks ... I had one bad game with RAH now i can't Play anymore ... Really sucks .... I raelly would like to beat the crap out of RAH ... but he must have given me a virus or something ... j/k ...lol .... Anyways .. If anyone can give me some advie i would greatky appreciate it !

Comment

I was having a similar type of problems and it was just a matter of telling my computer to open a specific port. I don't remember which one, but check out:

Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Play Civ3 mp. You'll have a blast!

Comment

Heretic
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                  Play Civ3 mp. You'll have a blast!
                  not enough locals on civ3 mp, ping time very bad....
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

geee, you think?

Comment

port 4993
                      HawkHunter Chief of the Crusaders Tribe.. http://www.rathergood.com/vines/

Comment

I really don't like Civ 3 ... Maybe they need sid ... But anyways ... I was looking fer that port stuff and cannot find anything .. I'm running windows 98 ? If anyone can give me advice an idiot could understand i would appreciate it !

Comment

Are you connecting through your brothers computer to the internet? If so you will need to forward port 4993 {tcp} to your computer. If you are connected directly check your firewall settings, make sure port 4993 is open.
                          <>---Cyber-Spyder---<>

weaving webs within the web...

Comment

IIRC Win98 had no easy proxy feature inbuilt, so people used software like Wingate. Is that what you are doing? If so the advice in the thread linked to earlier is not quite what you want, but post more about your situation we'll see.

Comment

I'm Trying to play Civ 2 with other people over the internet . MEssage keeps telling me that game machine failed to connect . I set it up on my brothers computer and platde with other people no problem . My computer at home is another situation . I searched me comiputers for ports . Nothing came up . Again i have windows 98 .
                              If aynone has any other ideas ... i'd be grateful

Comment

Working...
                              X