Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Special Diplo Event: "The Lord of the Rings"

Well, how about it?

The time has come! I played it years ago as SP and it's brilliant. It's not designed for MP but with a little modpaking it would make an excellent diplo-game.

Attached is Harlan Thompson's modpak.

I'm just refreshing myself about the complexities of the scenario and Mordor would still have to be played by AI. It has over 400 starting units! The total number of units may need to be scaled back to make it workable as MP but let's look at that.

After the current diplos are over I envisage a new diplo on USA Fri and or Sat nights. Why not give this a go??!!

Let's test it as MP over the net and see what needs to be done.

Harlan faithfully reproduced the book in this Civ2 MP scn and he may still be contactable. I'm sending him an email shortly but I want to know if anyone is interested??
    Attached Files
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Hmmmmmmmmmm...............

Interesting.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

yeah sounds interesting, will downlaod the mod tongiht and see what it looks like.

only will paly once the current diplo games done. . i reaaly wanted to keep one night open ofr a civ3 Diplo style game....
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Yea, I'm with you on the civ3 diplo.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
          Yea, I'm with you on the civ3 diplo.
          Yep im no modder and never even built a civ 2 map let a lone civ3, so once we get this going will need some one to build a map and edit the rules etc.. but will leave that till later
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
          X