Downloading Civ2 Scenarios - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading Civ2 Scenarios - Help!

Hey guys and gals out there. I've been looking for some new scenarios for Civ2 (Gold Edition), and stumbled upon Scenario League. I downloaded a couple that looked interesting, then extracted them from their zipped files to my CIV2 folder on C-drive. However when I tried to play them I received the error message "Unable to load file; file is not saved game." Am I doing something wrong here? If anyone could walk me through how to unzip, install and play these ".scn"s, I would be eternally grateful! Thanks.

put them in a subfolder, for example /Civ2/SCENARIO/alien/ Also make sure you've got the latest patch for gold v5.4.0f
    Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

thanks cedric. i tried putting the files in a subfolder and it didn't work. how do i get this patch you spoke of?

andrew

Comment

Perhaps this will help...

Scroll down to the Patches section.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

The reason they say they are not saved games is that they are not - they are scenarios - you play them by clicking on "Begin Scenario" rather than "Load game" - or is this too obvious...
          Stu
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

When you have downloaded a scenario, you should first open it with help of Windows Explorer and read the ReadMe file. It usually gives you precious tips and advice about the right way to install it and start a game.
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

... and there are scenarios for ToT out there that are not compatible with MPGE...
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
              X