No announcement yet.

Help with XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ming, does this mean we can now jack in your iBook and do 3 from your basement?
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

That should be the case now. I think up to 5.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes... as long as you have the game loaded on your machine, you can just plug into my switch and be assigned an IP. Up to 5 IP addresses are available in the basement now.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmm, maybe time to get an ethernet card for my laptop and test it.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah... it should work as long as you have loaded civ on it.

I am looking forward to the next Apolyton meet at my place.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ming -- As you know, my laptop is a non-Civ Zone. that's why I would need to use the ibook. (I know the game is loaded and that you prefer to use your "real" machine).

so one of these nights when "other games" mode is not happening...
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I had civ loaded on mine, but I'd have to verify patches and such. Who knows, on a quiet night maybe all three of us could play. Maybe I'll bring it Friday and we can check it out. Do you have an extra cable? I don't since we've never hooked it up.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have extra cables... no problem

And JR... we will miss you this week
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Thanks! Yet another grain of Civ II information learned. The port number might become useful know-how in the future. Will store it in the notepad. So far I haven't needed anything, as I have static public IP addresses (that's why creating DLs isn't really a good idea, because Ming would easily bust me ) and no NAT gimmicks.
                    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

My network guy was thrilled to hear that the actual port number was identified... he said it saved him a lot of work knowing what it was. A real keeper!
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

I can testify it was a pain. Port scanners are better these days though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                          Yes... as long as you have the game loaded on your machine, you can just plug into my switch and be assigned an IP. Up to 5 IP addresses are available in the basement now.
                          Network civ is the best

Comment

finally someone else with computer problems.... you must have inherited mine, b/c i am trouble free, aside from the fact i have no time to play anymore
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I can't host either. Also on XP. When I look up my IP, it says 192.168.0.6, but that doesn't appear to be right. I don't have the benefit of network guys to help me out.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X