Chaning colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaning colors?

Am I stuck with the default teal color in Civ2? I'd like to use other colors, but I can't figure it out. Please tell me if this is possible. Thanks.

Color is determined by the civ you choose.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

If you are wanting to change the colors that a particular civ uses, for example changeing romans to blue, then you would have to edit the game file. Ask in the Scenario forum and someone can probably tell you how.
      I would but I don't know how.
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

I can tell you how to change the colour associated with a civ - but is this what is wanted? Teal does not strike me as being appropriate to any of the Civ 'races' - wild guess - seeing as you fly the Stars & Stripes are you an inveterate American player - with the cyan colour (teal is quite a bit darker)????

Stu
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Scouse Gits:

I want to be able to change the color for which ever Civ I play as. I was playing as the Americans when I asked about "Teal", I forgot to mention that. But I would like to be able to change the color of which ever Civ I'm playing as.

I thought I could change these colors the way they are changed in Civ-CTP, but I can't find the files.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

MMM: take a peek at the Scenario League tip:
            "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Sorry MMM - here goes...
                open the file Rules.txt in Notepad - towards the end of this file you will find a section entitled "@LEADERS" this contains the info the game uses to determine amongst many other things the colour of a civilisation (amongst the standard 7 that is where White=1 etc) the lines look like this:
                @LEADERS
                Caesar, Livia, 0, 1, 1, Ruritanians, Ruritanian, 0, 1, 1, 1, Dictator, Dictator, 2, Imperator, Imperatrix

The second number in the example above the centre 1 in the first 0, 1, 1 triplet is the one you need to change - dont' forget to change some other civ to the colour you have abandoned or the game will get confused ...

Cheers, Stu
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Thanks Scouse!

That did the trick, and was incredibly simple.

Comment

Working...
                  X