No announcement yet.

Fast PBEM duels - a try to start a new kind of Civ2 entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@La Fayette - Of course, my "I am the Champ!" post was just a joke based on ST's inability to play promptly, so I am not one of those people. Give me a few more months (still j/k )

But if egos could be protected somehow, it would be fun to debate about a short list of the best Civ2 players, especially the active ones. Of course, there's MP, PBEM, EL, OCC, EC, score, scenarios, etc.... and I doubt even Samson was the best at everything!

Comment

There are many great Civ2 players, but I think La Fayette has it right when he lauds samson as 'The Best'. But time moves on and samson no longer participates here in public games, so what does it matter.

But, at this time when he has just been elected to the Hall of Fame, let us at least spell his name properly. It is samson, with a small, or lower case, "s". And I think his ego would not be bruised either way.

ST,

Someday I hope my health improves enough so that I can play one of these "Fast PBEM" duels with you. I think it would be grand fun.

Monk
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Monk, are you back to having an assistant read and type for you?

Comment

Yes. Makes it hard to evaluate saves.

It is extremely hard to "see" what is happening in a map save when most of one's cues are verbal. I find myself using the Kevin Kline line from Wanda , "What was the second thing you said??"

Monk --I shall return...hope sustains....
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Monk, I am waiting...
            debeest (The Great Teacher) would tell your english is incorrect: You should tell 'I think it will be grand fun'
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

That's right, ST. We want to be sure that BM's PBEM with you is a future event and not just a hypothetical event!

- The Pedant

Comment

Originally posted by debeest

- The Pedant
                O no !
                Please don't stop correcting our mistakes: how could we try to improve our english otherwise ?
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Most of you speak English far better than the native speakers - that's how we can tell you're foreign (with apologies to GBS).

RJM at Sleeper's
                  Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
                    that's how we can tell you're foreign (with apologies to GBS).

thank you
                    (BTW, GBS = George Bernard Shaw ?)

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette

thank you
                      LF, it be clear RJM spokened about me, not you.

Comment

... but if you write "spokened" instead of "spoke" too often, he will have another reason to tell you are foreign

Comment

LF, sometimes you succeed to confuse me. I don't know if you are serious or not now.

Maybe you are serious because...
                          ...my english skills are so perfect that my english is still quite good when I try it is very bad...
                          or...it is always so horrible that there is no difference if I really try it is bad.

Vive spam!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                            I don't know if you are serious or not now.
                            That is a kind of humour that we call "pince sans rire" in french (I love it).

The plain truth is that your english is ALMOST as fluent as mine: debeest will be proud of us

Comment

Ermmm... it's "samson" with an "s" and "English" with an "E".

Comment

I'm proud of you both. Yer speakening purty durn good fur furriners.

Comment

Working...
                                X