No announcement yet.

Is Civ 2 Retro Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the last 'vanilla' game of civ2 I played was about five years ago, so in that respect I consider classic civ2 to be retro. But, like a language, the game will only die when people stop making new additions for it.
    "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

I've heard tell that real women play Civ 2 as well!

There are definitely a few here, and a couple at CFC too, but none of the 'poly ladies play SXN games, with the exception of the third Git.
      (even then only in an advisory capacity)

Comment

I enjoy playing Civ II. That said, I must get back to my game — my mighty Egyptian armies are driving a wedge into China's heartland!!!

Gatekeeper
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
          I've heard tell that real women play Civ 2 as well!

There are definitely a few here, and a couple at CFC too, but none of the 'poly ladies play SXN games, with the exception of the third Git.
          (even then only in an advisory capacity)
          I tried to teach my current g/f Civ, as well as a couple of exg/f's.

It never 'took'.
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I recently convinced my girlfriend to play a multi-player game, and she loved it...so far we've only been teaming up and kicking the AI's ass every time, but eventually I think she'll want to play head to head. Our current game is Emperor level, on earth.mp, 7 Civ's, she's the Vikings and I'm the Celts.

Tonight, the streets shall flow red with the blood of our enemies!!!
            "Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Comment

AND...thanks to all the great info I've found here, I've been able to edit our units, terrain, and cities...which keeps me interested. Thanks Apolyton!!

"Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Glutton
                I recently convinced my girlfriend to play a multi-player game, and she loved it...so far we've only been teaming up and kicking the AI's ass every time, but eventually I think she'll want to play head to head.
                Hehe, that wont lead to arguments.

"You attacked my city!"

Comment

Play strip civ.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

can someone tell me how to upload an image under my user name like a lot of the folks in here have?

Thanks!
                    "Veni, vidi, vici."

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Glutton
                      can someone tell me how to upload an image under my user name like a lot of the folks in here have?

Thanks!
                      At the top of the page-- Control Panel-- Edit Options-- Avatar (at the bottom of the page).

When you have made 500 posts (IIRC) you can enter a custom avatar.

Monk
                      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

got it, thanks monk
                        "Veni, vidi, vici."

Comment

Any time

Wish they were all so easy. Pick out a good one.

Monk
                          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Alas, CtG, if you're a Chieftain that means you're at <100 posts... you have a ways to go before hitting 500 and the custom avatar.
                            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I'm getting my hoola hoop out.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

To get your custom avatar then you'll need to collect your +1s (see both here and above for evidence ) carefully.

I wish my girlfriend played Civ 2, but I'm very glad she doesn't visit 'poly.

"Hey baby, come here and try out my hotseat!"

Comment

Working...
                                X