The Sissy Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sissy Method

I assume that most of the experienced scenario designers know how the United Nations wonder works and how to change rules-files via MS-DOS command files. But here's a little something that you may not have thought about yet.

Lying in bed one night, I was thinking about how to end the wars in my Svea Rike scenario when they ended historically. And I came up with a brilliant idea, don't know if it ever has been used, but I haven't seen in another scenario. I tested this a few nights ago, and it seems to work allright.

Let's say that you want to end the 30 years war in the year it ended historically. I gave the UN wonder to the Swedes and by the year they got involved in the war, I loaded a new rules.txt where the UN was obselete. Then I used the Makeagression event. When the war ended I loaded another rules.txt where the UN was inobselete again. This gives the human player an opportunity to make peace with his enemies. Not saying that he will, just that he can.. But, you can always make a house-rule which says that he must, otherwise his computer will blow up and small green goblins will eat his breakfast eggs

I decided to name this method after my girlfriend, so the common name of this hint will from now on be "The Sissy Method".

Thank you for the time
    Last edited by Rebellion; August 29, 2003, 01:31.

There is a chance the AI will evily exploit the UN after that point, however!
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Your girlfriend's name is Sissy?
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Nah.. But she is sissy..

Comment

Working...
        X