2 Settlers on Deity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Settlers on Deity?

I've noticed recently that when I start an Extended Original game (with Aliens) that I'm only getting 1 Settler to start the game (deity/raging/any map size). Normally, in all versions of Civ2 I've played, one always starts with 2 Settlers at Deity.

Has ToT-Extended always been like this and I just never noticed, or am I experiencing some kind of bug?
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

I've noticed both. I suspect it may have to do with the desireability of the starting location, ie. good spot: 1 settler, poor spot: 2 settlers.

BTW, you can control which map your initial units start on and what they are in ToT. This is controlled by the @INITIAL_SETTINGS field of the Rules Txt. The 1st number for each civ determines the map (0-3), the 2nd is the first unit and the 3rd number indicates the second unit type.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
      I've noticed both. I suspect it may have to do with the desireability of the starting location, ie. good spot: 1 settler, poor spot: 2 settlers.

BTW, you can control which map your initial units start on and what they are in ToT. This is controlled by the @INITIAL_SETTINGS field of the Rules Txt. The 1st number for each civ determines the map (0-3), the 2nd is the first unit and the 3rd number indicates the second unit type.
      thanks for the tip - I never knew about the Initial Settings field

I knew you could get 2 Settlers on lower levels if your start position was poor, but I had thought it was always 2 on Deity setting, regardless of start position. Hm.
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
      X