Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There Any Point In Me Doing Dictator III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There Any Point In Me Doing Dictator III?

Yup.

I would like to do a Dictator III sceanrio for ToT.

I done the early versions of my mental WW2 scenario on ToT, thn switched to moer user-happy MGE.

But I have been tempted to to a ToT ersion again, using all the new units, city and icon graphics...
    With the massive events, tons o' extra units and fun features of ToT, it could royally rock.

Sadly there are about 3 ToT player world-wide, and I am one of them.

Is there any point?

Please answer my poll so I can gauge if it is worth spending my precious life-hours over.

Thanks!
    YES.
    75.00%
    NO / DON'T CARE.
    25.00%
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

I think you should do it if YOU want to. If you would enjoy making it and playing it, then you should. Personally, the greater potential and challenges of ToT are more attractive than the somewhat greater audience of FW/MGE. (Remember, it's still a pretty small group. Civ2 threads attract a fraction of the traffic that the Civ3 ones do.)
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Like techumseh said, if you would enjoy making it and playing it, then you should.
      Well, I'd like to play Dictator III.

Comment

I would certainly like to see more ToT scenarios out there.
        By the way, I count four players including me.
        "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
        "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

It's a fun designing platform. Allows for a lot more creativity. The audience appears to be actually growing (or at least players who bought it years ago are dusting it off). Unfortunately, many players outside of the US don't have a cheap legal way to get it.

Btw, I believe the list of ToT owning posters includes MagyarCrusader, fairline, JCG, Case, our_man, The ANZAC, Cal, Angelo Scotto, Jullee_L, Hydey, Alinestra Covelia, Alex Woehr, Mercator, Dr Kellogg, Darth Veda, and possibly techumseh.

Still, the bottom line remains as techumseh states.
          El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
            ...and possibly techumseh.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

and me, i still play ToT scenarios... sometimes...
              I still download new MGE scenarios too but more for look at the sounds and graphics than the scenario itself

As techumseh said, you should do it if YOU want to

Comment

Hope you decide to do it, I much prefer TOT with the additional units and events. I enjoyed your previous TOT scenarios a lot. Keep up the good work.

Comment

7 votes!

Well that is almost worth spending a week or two of my life on!

I will perhaps give it a go...
                  The honourable techumseh is correct, a scenario is a labour of self-indugence.

I'll dust off my copy of ToT and get started soon!
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

whats the scenario about?
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                      whats the scenario about?
                      It's about WorldWar 2. Have a look at Dictator for MGE...

Comment

ISTR theres only one WW2 scen designed for TOT, and thats Europe only, right?
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

You should definatly go for it Curt
                          Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
                          Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

I don't visit the ToT forum much Curt, so this is probably too late. Anyhow, in answer to you question, yes definitely; we can use all the ToT scenarios going, especially quality ones as I'm sure yours will be.

I'm very much a late convert to ToT; I bought it when it was released but found the sprites awful and the interface confusing. I played the vanilla game once before consigning it to the 'games I wish I'd never bought' box for several years until Techumseh released Roman Civil War. All the initial purchase served to do was temporarily rekindle a dormant interest in Civ II (something which Civ III has also managed to do within the last year or 2!) I had missed the superb potential of ToT and I hadn't realised those godawful sprites could be replaced by civ II-type static units. All those extra unit slots and the much larger and better events capabilty make it a quantum leap over civ 2. Then there's the largely untapped potential of the additional levels within each scenario (how about a scenario with underwater/land/air levels?). On the downside, the movement and missing battle animation is a niggle, and that interface is still less accessable than civ2, but these are small prices to pay. If only more people had it......
                            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

theres only one WW2 scen designed for TOT, and thats Europe only, right?
                              With my own WW2 scenario (World - scenario in french) i know there's at least 2 others scenarios

-Dictator II from CurtSibling (World - Civfanatics for download)
                              -Europe In Flames from Michael Jeszenka (Europe - Craddle of Civ for download)

I'm sure someone have write here or at Civfanatics forums he had converted lots of MGE scenarios to ToT but i don't remember who have write this and if he had converted WW2 scenarios

Comment

Working...
                              X