No announcement yet.

Lazy Days of Summer Sxn Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering this game started in June 2003, I think we can wait for a couple of days, duke...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Sauvons la recherche !

(quite a job, I'm afraid )
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Well the French government had better start employing a few more Einsteins, rather than applying a fundamentalism-esque cap on research funding.

Comment

• Dial-up man always keeps his promises!

1949 (0) – Minneapolis, Hakodate and Satsuma fall to the raging Aztec hordes. We’re at war with the entire world now, after a Russian ship was discovered too close for comfort, and they activated their alliance with the Germans. Plus ça change,….

1950 (1) – Barbs arrive near Gortyn. Indians lose a tank against Sapporo and Sicyon’s brave fighters repel yet more Greek bombers. Germany get tanks from Greece. 9 new pollution skulls appear, and food shortages are just about everywhere in our new acquisitions. We capture Lahore, and empty Yokohama, but can’t take it this turn. A massive offensive is prepared against Bombay. The useless buggers can’t seem to railroad their cities properly. The Indians have nearly finished Apollo, and it seems everyone has the SS techs so things could get hairy in the near future.

1951 (2) – We’re getting 8 skulls per turn these days, and I’m hard pressed to keep up with the clearing-up. Bombay falls (364g refund). Yokohama falls (196 refund). I notice that it’s in fact 1952 and get worried.

1953 (4) – A very bad end of turn. The Greeks took Phocaea with their now-traditional “bomb the hell out of it and then use paras technique”, and stole Robotics. Karachi finished Apollo before I could blow the remnants to bits. Still, we know where the Germans are now. To makes me feel a little better, I buy Madras and treat myself to a curry. The Greeks are everywhere though. Phocaea is destroyed by one of my howies. The troops weep to see the destruction of their countrymen, but massacre the Greeks anyway.

1954 (5) – Indians have changed to fundy, and the Greeks too! Only 4 skulls this turn! I’ve started moving engineers across from the “homeland”, because America and Japan are just ridiculous. I know that Mr Bush’s policies are not known for their environmental considerations, but this is getting daft! Delhi captured. Only 6 more enemy cities left on this land (3 Indian, 2 Japanese and 1 Greek). Bangalore has 6 defenders at the moment, and will build an artillery next turn. Should crush them.

More engineers are needed in America and Japan. The cities also need happiness improvements and supermarkets because I’ve lost a number of engineers through starvation. Come on! We can win this!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Vlad should play next (reference the Status thread).

If no response by cob tomorrow, I'll see if I can muster up a little energy...
            Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• My old computer died. No internet access at work. Had a big ice storm back in January, with folks who lost power for up to a week. My work with the tree service has killed my leisure schedule [rain today, only doing my night job]. Not complaining; I need the moolah.

When I got a new computer I had difficulty getting things transfered over ( #%&* XP).

I haven't even played a computer game since—when I try to relax at the computer I fall asleep.

I have yet to d/l the driver I need to make Civ2 run on XP.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• (someone)

Comment

• Oh (yawn) I'll guess I'll go ahead & take five turns (tomorrow).

Straybow -- there are some hints about drivers and such in some of the threads -- I may have to examine them as well (my computer seems a bit long in the tooth so maybe I should step out & buy new BEFORE the shock & awe of computer death.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow

When I got a new computer I had difficulty getting things transfered over ( #%&* XP).

I have yet to d/l the driver I need to make Civ2 run on XP.
                    We miss you, Straybo, and hope you get things in hand soonest.

Sorry you are having so much trouble with XP. For me it was a breeze; install and play. The only thing I can think of that could explain my relative ease is that adding Civ was the FIRST thing I did. That way, nothing else was able to change anything when it installed, ie, no drivers were overwritten. Won't help you, but maybe someone else can gain from this info.

Monk
                    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Civ II is always the first thing I install. Six computers so far (of course, most are in the hands of children -- we want to start them off well...)

Comment

• There have been several "probs with XP" references -- and solutions -- in various Civ2 threads...

When I'm back on hi-speed connect, maybe I'll troll for them. (Seems like the MP forum had at least one...)
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well, ir's clear that Vlad is out -- it's been a month since the last turnset!!!

Comment

• Yeah, I figured that Vlad might be mia -- I'm now done with 6 out of 8 of the tax thingees -- so I should be able to press forward here with some moderate effort...

Comment

• April 15. Better hurry!

Comment

• Hopefully, the tax slider can soon be reduced in favor of increased luxuries so we can celebrate with more civing.

Monk
                                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Working...
                                X