When will the Cradle rock again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will the Cradle rock again?

During the last maintenence shut down, the Cradle of Civilization site was taken down. It unfortunately is still down. Any idea when it's going to be restored? Markos or Dan? William? Ming? anyone?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Try this, it works for me: http://apolyton.net/coc/
    "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
    "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

duplicate post
      "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
      "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

Thanks! Did they change the URL? I had this one bookmarked: http://coc.apolyton.net/
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
          Thanks! Did they change the URL? I had this one bookmarked: http://coc.apolyton.net/
          No, the problem is that they still have to fix IP aliases (IMHO):

Apolyton (probably, i'm not sure since i'm not an expert of web-servers) registered coc.apolyton.net, sleague.apolyton.net, www.apolyton.net, etc... and make them pointing to the same server.
          The server was smart enough (using the so-called IP aliases) to understand that if i requested coc.apolyton.net i meant www.apolyton.net/coc and so returned the right page.

In the first days after the site moving (probably) they forgot to fix the aliases thing and all coc.apolyton.net, sleague.apolyton.net, etc pointed to the same server but since it was not able to interpret requests it simply returned the www.apolyton.com main page.
          Unfortunately now the only that still lacks alias is Cradle, THIS IS NOT FAIR ...
          "If it works, it's obsolete."
          -- Marshall McLuhan

Comment

coc is back
            currently fixing over-18-months-unupdated ad code
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              coc is back
              Hooray,
              thank you Mark!
              Last edited by Angelo Scotto; May 10, 2003, 06:18.
              "If it works, it's obsolete."
              -- Marshall McLuhan

Comment

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                X