Steam + Civilization IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam + Civilization IV

Pido disculpas, pero mi español no es bueno. Voy a escribir el resto de este mensaje en Inglés. Espero que una buena persona puede traducir.

You may be aware that 2K recently announced that Steam versions of Civ4 will no longer support Direct IP. This means only players with CD versions of the game will be able to play Direct IP and Pitboss games.

I have made a post in the official 2K forums about the removal of Direct IP from Steam versions of the game. Here it is:

To everyone who plays Direct IP games: Please take a minute to register an account, and make a short post in the thread linked above.

I suggest to write in your short message:

- Your username and which civ fansite(s) you hail from.
    - Which version of the game you purchased (CD or Steam).
    - Mention how this issue affects all players, because even CD users can't continue Direct IP games with Steam users. The removal of Direct IP from Steam divides an already small multiplayer community down the middle.
    - End with a strong request that Direct IP be re-integrated into the Steam version of Civ4.

Feel free to use your own words. Be firm, but civil - profanity won't help the cause.

For example, in my case:

I am Lord Parkin from Civfanatics and Realms Beyond. I purchased the CD version of Civ4. I am deeply disappointed with the removal of Direct IP from Steam versions, because all of my friends with the Steam version can no longer play in our Pitboss games together. This issue has needlessly divided our community. Please re-integrate Direct IP into the Steam version of the Civ4.
    Please register an account and post your own quick message in the thread linked above now. It only takes a minute, and it could make a real difference!
    - Lord Parkin / emperor

Read all about my adventures in the Realms Beyond Pitboss 4 game!

Don't worry emperor, posting in english is allowed here, as well (at least as far as i can remember) and your spanish aint bad at all

---------------------

Traduciendo (y resumiendo):

En la ultima actualizacion que hubo de Civ4 para Steam, se implemento la capacidad de armar partidas MP desde alli, retirando el obsoleto GameSpy. Sin embargo (aqui viene lo serio), tambien se retiro la opcion de jugar con conexion directa con una IP, lo cual aparentemente afectaria los pitboss (segun emperor, yo ni idea porque nunca he jugado uno ).

Favor que alguien que juegue pitboss confirme el asunto, de ser asi solo las personas que aun tengan su CD (fisico o virtual ) de Civ4 son capaces de seguir jugando pitboss.
    Debido a esto, se ha armado un thread/hijo con una peticicion en los foros oficiales de 2K Games, este es el link: http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?...ion-IV-Pitboss
    De querer manifestarse alli, tendrian que hacerlo en ingles, mas o menos con el formato/informacion señalada por emperor.

Originally posted by emperor View Post
    I suggest to write in your short message:

- Your username and which civ fansite(s) you hail from.
    - Which version of the game you purchased (CD or Steam).
    - Mention how this issue affects all players, because even CD users can't continue Direct IP games with Steam users. The removal of Direct IP from Steam divides an already small multiplayer community down the middle.
    - End with a strong request that Direct IP be re-integrated into the Steam version of Civ4.

Feel free to use your own words. Be firm, but civil - profanity won't help the cause.

For example, in my case:

I am Lord Parkin from Civfanatics and Realms Beyond. I purchased the CD version of Civ4. I am deeply disappointed with the removal of Direct IP from Steam versions, because all of my friends with the Steam version can no longer play in our Pitboss games together. This issue has needlessly divided our community. Please re-integrate Direct IP into the Steam version of the Civ4.
    A mi me suena muy serio este asunto, recuerdo que muchos de uds. juegan/jugaban pitboss y hasta habia alguno que otro torneo/campeonato con clasificaciones y todo (no, no estoy confundiendome con los Progressives ). Y por favor, alguien activo en los foros de todocivilizacion copie y pegue esta informacion
    Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
    Indiana Jones
    Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

done!

Comment

Yo lo tengo por Steam y desaparece la opción de conectarse por ip directa.
        Si se sustituye el ejecutable por uno de una versión no steam ya funciona todo correctamente.
        Nobody expects spanish inquisition!

Matrícula PG: 0096

Comment

Si con esto se creen que nos vamos a pasar al civ5 lo llevan claro

If they think that with this they can make us go to civ5, they can keep dreaming
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

Comment

He escrito esto en el foro de 2k :

---------------------------------

Hi 2k guys,

As the creator and manager/admin of the Civ4BtS APT championship, based on IP direct access pitboss games, I am very upset from your decision not to support IP access anymore.

Several players of this tournament, playing from Steam platform, have problems to access these games.

Please, fix it ASAP

Thankyou.

I invite you to visit our web site and our forums.

Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
            Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Bien, me gusta Astro. Duro y diplomático, como el de las partidas
              Last edited by Pali00; June 18, 2014, 21:05.

Comment

A ver si se dignan en contestar

Comment

Gran noticia!

Despues de muchas protestas de jugadores y foros Civ4-pitboss, 2K hace marcha atrás y propone un parche, de momento no "soportado", para arreglar la situación.

Larga vida a Civ IV - BtS !!

Comment

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

Comment

Larga vida a Civ IV - BtS !! Larga vida al campeonato APT!! larga vida a Astro !! o que al menos nos deje de herencia el servidor prendido!!!

Comment

As of a week or two ago, certain Gamespy servers relevant to Direct IP and Pitboss were shut down, which has resulted in players bouncing off each other when trying to connect simultaneously to a Direct IP or Pitboss game.

One of the forum members at Realms Beyond has worked out a fix for the problem of 2+ players connecting to a Direct IP or Pitboss game simultaneously without requiring a VPN. All you need to do is to configure the "hosts" file on your system to redirect connection attempts to the Gamespy natneg servers to another IP. Then you will be able to connect to any player who has applied the same fix.

Here's the link: http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=7123

Our primary Pitboss host (Caledorn) is currently running an alternative natneg server, and he has mentioned it uses so little traffic that he's happy for others to simply connect to his IP if they wish. (You do not need to be playing in any of his games to make use of the fix.) Alternatively, if you're more comfortable rerouting your IP to someone you know, you can find the source code for the program in the same thread linked above, and you or one of your friends can host an alternative natneg server.

Happy gaming!
                        - Lord Parkin / emperor

Read all about my adventures in the Realms Beyond Pitboss 4 game!

Comment

Hi emperor,
                          Thank you very much for that link to the fix. It's working fine for us !

Comment

Working...
                          X