I'm going to Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to Spain

I expect all of You greeting me at teh airport.
    Well, I used to know some people in this forum. But most of them are not here anymore

Gonna see Andalusia.
    I've never been to "real" Spain, though I've visited teh Basque country and Catalonia.
    WTF are you
    0%
    shoo! go away!
    0%
    welcome!
    0%
    I'll welcome You with salt and banana
    0%
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Aquí se habla español!
    Of course I voted shoo, go away.

Anyway, most of those you know should be united in the "Hooola" thread.
    What places will you visit? For how long?

And no good time to speak about Spanish airports.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I can't speak spanish. My sister does, though, so I'll keep close to her. I'm gonna stay in Fuenigirola (?), and see Malaga, Granada, Gibraltar, Seville, and perhaps something else.
      Middle East!

Comment

Hi!
        Fuengirola is near Malaga and a beatiful place.
        I hope your sister speaks spanish fluently because Andalucia speaks spanish very fast and just a little different of normal spanish, the andauicia accent is very sweet and they pronunce several letters like "c" or "z" as "s"
        Anyway is a beatiful region in Spain, very different from Pais Vasco and Cataluña. And... a very warm people.
        Enjoy your trip.!!
        ¡Hazlo, o no lo hagas... pero no lo intentes!
        (El Maestro Yoda a Luke Skywalker en Dagobat - Star Wars V)

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
          I can't speak spanish. My sister does, though, so I'll keep close to her. I'm gonna stay in Fuenigirola (?), and see Malaga, Granada, Gibraltar, Seville, and perhaps something else.
          Seville and Granada are great places, I wasn't too impressed by Málaga and stayed away from the evil lutheran antichrists at Gibraltar. Try to make your way to Córdoba, I found it the most pleasant Andalusian city, it's ruled by Commies though.
          If there, try the "morcilla achorrizada"-tapa, typical to Córdoba - delicious! Generally, eat as much jamón de bellota (best: jabugo) as you can afford. Geez, I wish I were in Spain again, yummy.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally, we were supposed to start with Madrid, and I wanted to see Toledo and Escurial, but no chances for that, for we'll be landing in Malaga.
            Middle East!

Comment

Good travel.

Granada it's a place very beauty. Try visit the Alhambra and Generalife.

¿Why you think that Catalonia and Basque Country aren't real Spain? Spain is very diferent in all his regions
              Quiero cambiar el mundo pero no me dejan el código fuente

Comment

I am sure... you will spend a really good time if you visit Seville...
                "Decid al señor duque de Enghien, que agradecemos sus palabras... pero este es un Tercio Español".

Comment

welcome to Spain, spend too much money, buy too many things, eat in restaurants and forget your economical problems, you have to enjoy your holydays! and ... help the spanish crisis jeje ( we need tourists ).

It seems you´ll visit warm places ( not Granada ) prepare for it...
                  Law protects you, protect the law.

Comment

It is hot, but not as hot as in Syria, so it´s OK.
                    Fuenigirola is humid at nights and stinks fish, though.
                    Spanish sounds less nice than in the films about Mexico No, seriously, it sound different from what I expected. Too normal.

I visited Malaga. Quite nice, especially the park along the road not far from the castle. Due to brilliant guiding by my mum, we were 15 minutes late to the last entry to the cathedral and about the same when it comes to the castle. It was during feria, so the city was full of enchanted youth, women in silly dresses (bad colours), and there was a lot of litter lying around. I visited Picasso´s museum. I have mixed feelings, but thanks to him, I learned some spanish: mujer tombada, muheres desnudas.

Seville is perhaps the nicest city I´ve visited in Spain yet, and in general one of the nicest I´ve seen. Sadly, we were too late to visit the castle, but the cathedral itself was a great thing to watch.

Granada was a disaster, by which I mean the tickets to Alhambra were sold out, and I could only see the gardens and Generalife, and Alhambra buildings from outside. Still, it was extremly nice and took us so much time we didn´t see the city itself at all. I did tell my sis, who is the only one in my family to speak spanish, to book tickets to Al-Hamra´, but in vain.

Fuenigirola where I´m staying is a busy place with lots of tourists with giant bellies on the beach. Young people look much better.

The views are a big disappointment for me. Ronda had some nice ones, though.

Gibraltar was boring except for the view from the top and lovely monkeys. They didn´t disappoint me, trying to steal stuff from my father and my sis. A shame I didn´´t catch that on film

My sis and mum are buying silly things here. I am not.

Tomorrow I´m going to Cordoba.
                    Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

Seville is perhaps the nicest city I´ve visited in Spain yet, and in general one of the nicest I´ve seen. Sadly, we were too late to visit the castle, but the cathedral itself was a great thing to watch.

Of course....
                      "Decid al señor duque de Enghien, que agradecemos sus palabras... pero este es un Tercio Español".

Comment

I'm glad you liked my city. What a pity you didn't come on spring, the azahar (flower of the orange tree) makes the city smell like a piece of heaven.

You'll love Cordoba. The mosque is very impressive but there's a lot more to see. In Cordoba were two miles of public lighting in the streets when London was a village
                        "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                        "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                        The Spanish Civilization Site
                        "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Is very dificult take a ticket for Alhambra, is very visited. But is a wonderfull building. Sorry for no take a tour inside.

Goodluk in Cordoba.
                          Quiero cambiar el mundo pero no me dejan el código fuente

Comment

A high percentage of tourists visiting Andalusia tend to ignore Cadiz simply becuase it is too far away of the main touristic destinatons. In any case it worths he visit and i recommend it. Cadiz is among the most "alien" looking cities in Spain. And much less hot than Seville or Cordoba...
                            Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Actually my father wanted to visit Cadiz very much, because of its former historical importance. My sister, who´s already visited all the cities around (she used to study in Granada I think, and earlier in Braganca, Portugal, so she´s visited much of cities around) claimed it´s the nices city in this region. Therefore, I wanted to go there too, but eventually the trip there was cancelled, because it would take us too much time to get there from Fuenigirola and we wouldn´t have time to come back, mostly due to my mother. Next time, I guess.

Cordoba was nice. Not far away from the bridge there was a nuria, by which I mean an irrigation water circle (?), like the one in Hama, Syria. I don´´t know if it´s very ancient, but it did have a maurish arch in the construction.
                              The cathedral was very interesting, but it was hard to get good pictures. Also indeed, the christian additions in the middle of it made it a bit cluttered, though they are nice themselves. I enjoyed the chapel in which the muslim-made arches and gothic ceiling were all covered in paintings, and, of course, the mihrab. The insides of the castle of the christian kings were a bit disappointing, but the garden was nice.

You should´ve met me, jasev
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X