Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traducciones al inglés

Hola!

(Lo siento, mi español no es muy bueno....)

I need some help translating some English text into Spanish for a game modification. I have already translated it to Spanish using Babel Fish online, but I would appreciate it if someone who is fluent in the language could look at it and make changes as necessary.

Please PM me if you are able/willing to help.

Muchas gracias!
    "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Believe me, it'd be better to translate it from plain english than having to deal with automatic web translations.

I'm really busy right now, but if it's not too long I may be able to help.
    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
    The Spanish Civilization Site
    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

I will, naturally, supply the English text if that's what's easier.

I'll send it to you via PM right now. There actually is more to go through (so, please, if anyone else can help out, I'd appreciate it) but the stuff I'm sending is essential.

Thanks in advance.

-Matt Groenig

Comment

You can send me some too. I will give it a try. I might have some spare time this weekend.
        Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Thanks. FYI -- Thorgal got everything in the small file and everything in the big file down to "A scientist in %s2_city has produced a popular television series on astronomy" in the big file. So if someone could pick up the translations from that point down, I'd appreciate it.

The big file can be downloaded here:

P.S. If you're going to upload it back to Filefront, please save it under a new name so I don't get confused.

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Acabo de traducir un evento en el que se ofrece al jugador la posibilidad de equilibrar el presupuesto imprimiendo más dinero (con riesgo de hiperinflación, claro). En inglés lo llaman política del "easy money". En honor de nuestros foreros argentos, lo he traducido como "plata dulce"

Comment

I've just translated a piece of the text. If someone else wants to help, he can pick it up from the tag:

TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_ALTERNATIVE_ENERGY

I'll try to translate something more tomorrow.

*Attachment deleted*
              Last edited by jasev; March 9, 2008, 13:54.

Comment

One more thing.... I need to have as much of this done by Wednesday as possible. The small file absolutely must be completed (which Thorgal has done). From the big file, with the random events text, prioritize as follows.

If the events can't all be done, the most important ones to keep are the Next War-specific events (they have "_NW" in the tag, and are located near the end of the list). I'd also like it if ALTERNATIVE_ENERGY, FIAT_MONEY, and MORE_FIAT_MONEY were included, too.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any questions.

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Here you have the big file with _NW, ALTERNATIVE_ENERGY, FIAT_MONEY and MORE_FIAT_MONEY events already translated:

plus the small file again with some errors corrected:

Well, that is all you will get from my keyboard until next weekend at least.
                  Last edited by Thorgal; March 9, 2008, 12:07.

Comment

Thank you very, very much!

If someone could spare the time to help me with the rest, I would appreciate it -- even if it can't be done by Wednesday.

P.S. Thorgal -- do your files include the last translations done by jasev, too?

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Thanks again!

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Pregunta tonta... ¿cómo traducir "east indiaman", el barco mercante de las indias orientales?

Comment

OK, here it is. I think the translation is complete.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jasev
                              Pregunta tonta... ¿cómo traducir "east indiaman", el barco mercante de las indias orientales?
                              Navío de las Indias Orientales

At least, that's the official Firaxis translation. See:

CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml

in

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Text

Muchas gracias for getting everything else done so quickly! You guys are the best!

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Working...
                              X