Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English scenarios / Spanish C3C

Bon dia !

No puedo hablar muy bien español pero tengo un problemo i Civ3 Spanish players may ayudar.

OK I will do it in English if you don't mind.

I have a scenario in testing about the Reconquista. Some Spanish players showed interest (surprise ! lol) but could not play because the scenario is in English and they have Civ3/C3C in Spanish.

For German and French there is a tool that allows the playing of English mods. Is there one for Spanish ?

Besides, if some of you want to help in the testing of the scenario so that it can improve, please do (it is at CFC).
    The Great Armada scenario

There are various methods, the most straightforward is install the english version and then keep apart the unit folder, mixing it with the spanish one
    Another one is to translate the file links at the .ini file that comes with each unit at the scenario files

Could you please post a link to the scenario?
    Campeón 2006 Progressive Games
    civ4 mods: SCSCollateral GrayAgainstBlue ProperCrossings
    civ3 terrain: Irrigations Roads Railroads Borders Multimine Sengoku Napoleonic

Comment

Yes, post a link please, I have the english version of C3C so I can help test it right away.

Comment

Welcome LouLong to the SCS.
        Scenario link:
        !!! v 1.5 ready for download (cf post 2) on the 24th of November 2006 !!! Downloading, Installing & Version History MP & PBEM Strategy Help needed Screenshots : A Wonder : Royal Turnament A resource : Sheep A unit description : colonists An improvement : juderia...

Me he permitido hacer los cambios necesarios para que funcione con el C3C en español, aquí dejo el parche. No es una traducción.

I have allowed myself to make the changes necessary so that it works with the C3C in Spanish, here I leave the patch. It is not a translation.

Gracias a Google por la traducción
        Attached Files

Comment

Lo dejo también en formato zip.

--------
          Primero se instala el escenario y los parches en inglés y luego este parche que sustituye los archivos INI y un fichero pediaicons.txt
          Attached Files

Comment

Gracias el Mencey (& gracias for the welcome).

But I updated to v1.2 (including pediaicons) yesterday evening (meaning it probably does not work with the current version).

And so I guess it means there is no real program that can do that automatically. Too bad ! But I will mention the possibility of the dual install. Seems the easiest (and for all languages).

The scenario is still in testing so feedback is most welcome ! (and el Mencey gave the URL for the scenario already).

Comment

1/ There is a tool there that could be turned to make English scenarios playable in Spanish I think, just need to enter the names in Spanish once. It was created for German but someone updated it for French so Spanish sounds feasible. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=73272

2/ Any feedback on the scenario ?

Comment

1/ Podría hacer la traducción del programa que mencionas si alguien fuera tan amable de pasarme el archivo de la civilopedia de la versión en español, pero lo más probable es que alguien lo haga por su propia cuenta pronto, aún así espero a que lo suban porfas.

1/ I could do the translation of the program you mention if somebody was nice enough to send me the civilopedia file of the spanish version, but most likely someone else will do it soon enough.

2/ I played your game a little while with the Valencians in emperor difficulty and was going quite well having taken some almoravid cities, until every christian kingdom decided to gang up on me (my allies the french and navarra had long since been destroyed). It looks really fun and very well made. From the little time I played I can only make one observation: no christian kingdom seemed eager enough to attack the almoravids despite the re-conquista theme of the scenario and also the pirates may need to be more agressive.

Comment

It is true the Almoravids scare the small Christian states. They even destroy cities albeit cultural conversion is off.
                  But they usually start at one time, when the Almohads have captured the large South (circa 1150 which is nearly accurate (1147 in real life)) and when the alliance games push them to war. Of course since the Almoravids are bound to disappear I could set up lcoked wars between them and the Christians...
                  Pirates : more aggressive... I guess you mean landing troops/launching amphibious assaults ? They do it sometimes, usually take 1 or 2 cities in France or Provence but they have no real defense to hold them. They are mostly a pain on the seas and a threat so as not to keep coastal cities undefended but I will try to make them more dangerous, cheaper pirate probably.

Otherwise glad you enjoyed it. It is not finished yet (I need to add 1-2 techs for the Christians and 5-6 + some units for the Muslims) so every report/feedback I get will be used to improve the later versions.

Comment

Working...
                  X