No announcement yet.

Flamefest: Flaming over Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam just went through a nice big update and decided to delete all my CivIV settings. I tried to skim over the old thread to find the settings but I need to head off to work. Any chance somebody could toss them up here or PM them to me?
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Double Move rule broken, turn should be reloaded...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• As far as I can tell, Zoid double moved in 1780 and then Wittlich re-double moved in this turn (1785). Zoid moved LAST in 1775, and declared war, and then moved first in 1780, well before half of the turn had gone (8pm my time the turn elapsed, and Zoid moved at 3am the next day). Then Wittlich double moved this turn similarly (Turn elapsed at 10am 1/16, Wittlich played at 2:48 pm 1/16).

In my book, the first (by Zoid) would certainly be the far more serious double move [a double move after a declaration of war], so either I will reload to 1780 and allow Wittlich to move first in that turn, or stay as is. Until we have decided which, or further evidence is brought to contradict what I can see, I'll pause the game.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post
          Steam just went through a nice big update and decided to delete all my CivIV settings. I tried to skim over the old thread to find the settings but I need to head off to work. Any chance somebody could toss them up here or PM them to me?
          What settings do you need to know? snoopy369 dot dyndns dot org is the IP for this game... any other setting would be custom per person.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
            As far as I can tell, Zoid double moved in 1780 and then Wittlich re-double moved in this turn (1785). Zoid moved LAST in 1775, and declared war, and then moved first in 1780, well before half of the turn had gone (8pm my time the turn elapsed, and Zoid moved at 3am the next day). Then Wittlich double moved this turn similarly (Turn elapsed at 10am 1/16, Wittlich played at 2:48 pm 1/16).

In my book, the first (by Zoid) would certainly be the far more serious double move [a double move after a declaration of war], so either I will reload to 1780 and allow Wittlich to move first in that turn, or stay as is. Until we have decided which, or further evidence is brought to contradict what I can see, I'll pause the game.
            Oops, my bad. I wasn't paying attention... I would like the turn reset to 1780, then have Witt play first.

Comment

• But... that would nullify my succesful assault.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Actually, I'm for letting the game continue.

Zoid's double move and my follow-on double move were both unintentional. I guess while Zoid is at war with me, I have to pay closer attention to my turn movements.

And it wouldn't be fair to Geo either.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Don't worry about me. I've been moderately the last 2 turns.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Btw, the game seems to be down?
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich View Post
                      Actually, I'm for letting the game continue.

Zoid's double move and my follow-on double move were both unintentional. I guess while Zoid is at war with me, I have to pay closer attention to my turn movements.

And it wouldn't be fair to Geo either.

I took a bigger hit in Witts DM than he did in mine so I'd like a reset.

Comment

• I think I prefer not to reload the game, given my reading of the crowd as 2:1 against, and my general belief that the advantage gained in information outweighs the generally temporary double move advantage, particularly as both were clearly unintentional; and while you may feel that you took a bigger hit, strictly speaking Witt was moving units he was 'on turn' with, disregarding both double moves as canceling out.

I'm reloading to Geo's autosave, as for some reason Zoid's doesn't work, and my manual save is quite late in the turn. This leaves us about 23 hours left on 1785. Geo, I can play pretty much any time tomorrow (even 22 hours from now) so don't feel an especial rush to play this turn.

Comment

• Game on

Comment

I'm reloading to Geo's autosave, as for some reason Zoid's doesn't work, and my manual save is quite late in the turn. This leaves us about 23 hours left on 1785. Geo, I can play pretty much any time tomorrow (even 22 hours from now) so don't feel an especial rush to play this turn.
                            Noted. And for the record, my turn is replayed so feel free to do your thing.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Can't login. Times out.

Comment

What settings do you need to know? snoopy369 dot dyndns dot org is the IP for this game... any other setting would be custom per person.
                                Yeah, I tracked it down eventually. Fortunately I'd made a backup of my games folder not to long ago and was able to rescue my settings there.

Comment

Working...
                                X