Urtansia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer the normal start.
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
      Oh wait, that's not what you were talking about, was it?
      Worst...humor...ever

Its going to be like 2 turns/week so its gonna take a long time before we can really PLAY, right?

Comment

One vote for an advanced start and one against. How do others feel?

(and Witt, I like your suggestion. I will tell my wife tonight that we are waiting until July to put up the Xmas decorations. )
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Actually, I too prefer a normal start. Not to worry Giwi, you would be surprised at how quickly the game progresses to the point of "real PLAY."

Comment

So long as everyone moves the save on - then it is not too bad.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I too vote for a regular start - so that makes it 50% - and since I am setting the game up - I exercise my 1% vote - which makes it 51%. Ok - I just made all that up. Setting the game up now.

Players will need to make sure that the player ahead of them in the play order (see above) has their email address. If folks want to post them here (with the appropriate camouflage) I can put them all in one post.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Ok - folks ...

Game has started!

To confirm play order and civs ...

1. Beta - Suleiman - Ottomans
                2. Wittlich - Suryavarum - Khmer
                3. Nugog - Tokugawa, Japan
                4. Evalds - Charlemagne - Holy Roman Empire - the evil westerners
                5. Giwi - Kublai Khan - Mongols
                6.mabeco - Qin Shi Huang - China

Again - please make sure you PM the pesron ahead of you with your email address.

And - 4000BC save to Wittlich.

FYI - the first turn around it will have the civ leader as the name of the save - after you have eneterd and played your first turn - it will have the player name.

Comment

4000BC Turn sent to Nugog of the Japanese.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                    FYI - the first turn around it will have the civ leader as the name of the save - after you have eneterd and played your first turn - it will have the player name.
                    Actually, I just went ahead and changed my name/empire name in the player options tab...although I had to come back here to find out who I was supposed to send the save to.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                      Players will need to make sure that the player ahead of them in the play order (see above) has their email address. If folks want to post them here (with the appropriate camouflage) I can put them all in one post.
                      Although both Beta and Nugog already know my address, here it is for the record:

wittlich(at-ta)sbcglobal(dot-tod)net

Comment

I do not know exacly how should I re-send the game to next person (save & send via E-mail?).

Mine is evalds.urtans()hotmail()com

Comment

Originally posted by EvaldsUrtans
                          I do not know exacly how should I re-send the game to next person (save & send via E-mail?).

Mine is evalds.urtans()hotmail()com
                          Yes, you would play your turn and then end your turn (by clicking on the red button). This will automatically create a game save in your "My Games" folder which is located in your "My Documents" folder on your primary hard drive.

What you would then do is open-up your email (ie, Microsoft Express or Outlook, etc.), place the address of who you are sending the save to (in your case, Giwi - you need his address) and then attach the save file - it will be located under My Documents/My Games/CIVIV Bts/PBEM/Urtansia.

I know it seems like a lot of work, but once you get use to it, it is a snap.

Comment

Or you can use the ingame mailer if your SMTP allows it.

Mine does - it is a very nice feature if you play alot of PBEM's

Comment

Evald - you will have the save in about 6 hours - once the monsters are fed and cleaned and wife has been allowed to talk to me for the appropriate period of time.

Comment

Well, for me I've tried using the ingame feature, but for some damned reason SBCGLOBAL (who is now a part of ATT/YAHOO) just refuses to allow me to use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X