No announcement yet.

The New World (cont...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats weird, cuz it shows it running in CivStats.

I'll reboot it.

Comment

CivStats and GameSpy aren't relating or communicating with eachother at all.
      Railroading since 2008.

Comment

Then why am i still running CivStats?

Comment

Well, CivStats is reporting correctly with the game I am hosting (Apolyton Gathering) ... The only thing that isn't working is the email notification, but that's nothing new.

Comment

When is this game going to be connected again?
            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

I went backpacking in Dolly Sods, WV for a few days, and as usual whenever I leave my computer alone with my wife it some how manages to get turned off.

Back now... had a great time. First night it stormed BAD while we were camped at 3900 feet. One of the strikes took down a tree about 50 yards from where we were.

At any rate, the game is back up... civstats should also be running.

Comment

There's only about 3:20 left on the timer, by the way. I just logged in and logged out so there will be an autorecovery save at that point, at least. Nobody else has played this turn though...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

ok... why there wasn't the usual timer?

We need to open the Snoopy-save so everybody is able to play.

Comment

It had been up for a while... I don't think everyone played the last turn, either. I know that Unit and I did, beyond that i'm not sure.

Comment

Ok, reloaded from Snoopy's autosave on the 17th.

There is roughtly 3 hours left on the timer... and it looks like snoopy is the only player to have played his turn.

Comment

Ok, this in no good.

I'm at university and I go straight to work from here.
                        If the game is reloaded from a save, the timer MUST be reseted to 24 hours.

Now I have no way to play that turn.

Do I have to put AI in charge of my civ so the units get moved and the turns get played?

Comment

Ok, Maybe because these reloads, and problems with the timer and/or gamespy, snoopy369 managed to do a nasty war-time double move, razing my city.

I'm completely NOT OK with this.
                          Railroading since 2008.

Comment

I am assuming that since snoopy was the only one to have played when i reset the game with 3 hours left that the timer ran out and snoopy played again.

This is an unfortunate situation considering how small the window was to play... and there really wasn't a sure fire way to alert players the game was back up (except for civstats).

On the flipside of the coin, 21 hours went by on that timer earlier and snoopy was the only one to play his turn. I also feel bad about penalizing person who was expiditing his turns (and thus making the game move quicker in theory).

One bad thing is that since snoopy has played another turn, I doubt I still have the 3 hour autosave... it has probably been overwritten.

My personal appologies for not having this game up and running on a more consistant basis. Until I get another computer so this one can be used as a dedicated server, it will be the nature of the beast.

As far as a solution to this specific issue, I think a vote is in order.

All active players (not eliminated) please vote in this thread as to whether the game should be rolled back a turn in order to give players a bigger heads up regarding the games online status. I imagine Uni was not the only one to have missed a turn due to this, however I also wonder how many players would have actually played their turn in the last 3 hours if the game never went offline.

Please vote "Yes rollback", or "No rollback".

Poll closes 16 hours from the time of this post.

Comment

I moved a few units after my completed turn, yes. I did not do a "nasty wartime doublemove" however; not only had I already completed my turn prior to you completing your turn (the first turn), but I allowed a good amount of time between the move and the next turn (don't remember how long, but I slept in between...).

I don't think we can roll back at this point... it would be quite unfair to me, since Uni would have a chance to keep his city defended, among other things. This specific action was not related to the game not being up; you clearly knew the game was up since you played the earlier turn, and I didn't do anything to take advantage of this.

Comment

Ok, that's one vote for "No Rollback" I assume.

Comment

Working...
                                X