Apolyton Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wittlich
    I I ordered it from TigerDirect.com. You should check their site out Beta.
    Yep - have already done so. There is a TigerDirect.ca as well. Also comparing to Future Shop, which also has good deals up here north of the border.

And I do like ACER's, and they come with either the intel or AMD configuration. Still leaning towards AMD.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• 100AD - 8:30 left on the clock with Josgalo needing to actually "end" his turn. Email sent to Josgalo.

Comment

• Thanks Wittlich for the notice.

It's not the first time it happens. Sometimes my computer freezes when playing Civ4. I'm not sure why. Graphics card, Ram ... Since I changed the mother board it doesn't work fine. This time I thought I finished the turn. Sorry.
        I'm waiting for a new notebook. A beautifull Dell Vostro. It's five times better than my actual pc jeje. I will have it in two weeks.

Ah, good holidays who have it, of course . I'm not a lucky man
        "La vida es muy peligrosa. No por las personas que hacen el mal,
        sino por las que se sientan a ver lo que pasa."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

• No problem Josgalo, I can definately understand.

New turn is up 125AD

Comment

• I just went in to play the turn and Gamespy started procedure to install update patch.

Great except at the end when I try to enter CIV4 I can't get in to even to play single play and I get this message.

can't find D3DX9_32.Dll.

WTF.

And I think others have the same problem.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Went back to screen it says re installing the application should fix the problem.

So that means I have to uninstall and then re-install.

Is all this BTS related?

Comment

• OH If I do re-install will that screw up current games?

I didn't like the serious absence of choice/ explanation at GS.

Comment

• The current games should be fine since you are not hosting.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Hmmm, you are right Hercules...patching to the newer GS version - Game coming down.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Well, that was a process.

Any how, all patched and the game is back up again.

Comment

• Game is coming down for about a week.

Just found out that Snoopy needs a different type of patch which is currently not available until later next week and since I'm leaving for NYC on Sunday and not returning until next Friday - I've decided to bring the game down and wait until everyone is patched so that no one has to miss out on playing their turns.

So I guess we are currently in a holding pattern.

Comment

• And Herc, check out the main Civ4 Forums - your problem is needing an updated DirectX 9. I just d/l'd and installed the latest and am backup and running on GS
                          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                          PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

• I downloaded it as well. However where do you put the download- which directory anywhere in c:/ and do you need the download installed before the update of 213 and 1.74.

I updated and then dinstalled april DX9oc. and it didn't work.

Comment

• DirectX you should just be running an update file from microsoft. Look at the news item in the pulldown menu from top right of page about the patch, I included it in there.

Doesn't matter when you update compared to the patch, it's entirely separate files.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• How are your game files looking Snoopy? Are you properly updated or still in a waiting pattern?

Comment

Working...
                                X