X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It did...but Snoopy didn't show....

So New Turn! 300 BC is now in effect.

Comment

Oops, i mistimed when i'd have to play it. Not a big deal, i have things on automove anyway.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
        Oops, i mistimed when i'd have to play it. Not a big deal, i have things on automove anyway.
        Well, you have 13 hours left on this turn (300BC)

Comment

JUST A HEADS-UP

Apolyton Gathering is going for an hours or so while I install my new Graphics Card on the computer. It's a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3 - should scream!

Comment

Game Back up
            22:20 hrs left on turn clock with Josgalo, Sabriane, ToxoXI, and Hercules90 left to play.

Needless-to-say, that Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS was not compatible with my motherboard. So what did I do now that I have, which is basically, a $400.00 (and change) video card just sitting here staring at me?!?

You guessd it...

I went ahead and purchased a whole new Computer for my kick-ass video card.

At the tune of $2,726.62 this is what I'm waiting for:

ThinkCentre M55 Tower. I am an IBM baby, so it is an Lenovo.

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor (2.40GHz FSB 4MB L2)
            - Genuine Windows XP Professional
            - Mechanical Package Tower 4X5 no FDD - Q965 motherboard
            - 4GB PC2-6400 SDRAM (4 DIMMs)
            - 256MB ATI RADEON X1600 (VGA, DVI-I, TV) Will replace this with my 640MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS GDDR3 Graphics Card
            - 2 (two seperate) 500 GB Hard Drives, 7200RPM Serial ATA
            - DVD-ROM 16X Max
            - Integrated Gigabit Ethernet
            - 3/3 on-site warranty

Now I'm looking forward to my new play toy!

Comment

Follow-up

Update
              After doing some in-depth reading about my video card, I realized that the new system will not work with it since the video card requires a minimum of a 400 watt power supply and the system only comes with a 300 watt power supply. So I called Lenovo back and canceled my order since they did not carry any systems with over 300 watt power supplies - Lenovo told me to look into IBM's IntelliStations since those would have the larger power supply available....
              So I did - And found the perfect machine .... for a meer $4,800.00! A bit too rich for my blood.

Needless-to-say I let that pipedream go and logged onto TigerDirect.com to see what I could find...Low-and-behold, I did!

"The Visionman Intel Desktop Computer - Intel Pentium D 935 3.2Ghz Duel Core, 2GB DDR2-667, 250GB SATA-II HDD, NVidia 7600GT 256MB Video (which I will replace with my 8800 GTS), 20 X DL DVDRW w/ Lightscribe, KB & Mouse, Windows XP Professional." And the best news is that it is only $949.99 ($1,008.59 after shipping and handling) - way more than half the cost of the original Lenovo I had ordered. And I should have the beast in my possession by July 19th.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

whoops it's gone.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

That's one nice set-up Witt!

Enjoy!

And maybe you can host a second pitboss game.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Game back up again. 18:56 left on the turn clock.

I'm just hoping to have a screaming machine in time for the release of BTS.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• 8:52 left on the turn clock with Beta left to play.

Comment

• Played - turn rolled - and played again. Gotta love pitboss.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Witt - doing my own PC shopping now as well. Leaning towards AMD this time. And looking at ACER.

Comment

• I ended up not ordering the IBM since I needed a computer with a fan that was over 400 watts since that's what my new graphics card demanded - The IBM was only 320 watts. So I ended up saving quite a bit of money and getting a more powerful machine - "Visionman Intel Desktop Computer" Intel Pentium D 935 3.2 Ghz Duel Core, 2GB DDR2-667, 250GB SATA-II HDD, 20X DL DVDRW w/ Lightscribe ... all for just $949.99 ($1,008.59 after shipping). I ordered it from TigerDirect.com. You should check their site out Beta.

Comment

• Wow. Some good deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X