No announcement yet.

Apolyton Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I don't think that it would be fair to reload the game again solely on the basis of your own oversight Herc ... don't you agree?

Comment

• I can - as long as you are ok with it Beta.

Comment

• In short I thought I had a lot more time to play.

If you can reload without having Beta redo all his hour long moves, that would be great.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I have uploaded 1977 save - But now BOTH Herc and Beta have to play.

My point is this: Both myself and Beta played the turn. Herc logged in AFTER we both played and BEFORE the time expired and was the last to play his turn, but logged out without finishing his moves. The clock changed over, and now Herc has a bit of a problem with it?!?

Does everyone see my confusion with this?!?

Comment

• It is not as if it's big deal, I agree. So just reload the 1977 position, where Beta has played 1976 and let's take it from there.

Beta to play his 1977 after your (Witt) 1977.

SO go Beta.

Comment

• Ok - I would hate to replay a turn. Trust me, they take awhile to play. I would rather have one tuirn of non-aggression Herc, than replay.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• It is over.

Great game to all who have been involved.

And many thanks for your great hosting, Witt.
                Attached Files
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Not sure what the 'time spent' means, but it indicates we spent 7165 hours and 59 minutes on the game. That is close to 300 days.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Well played Beta! Congrats!
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Congratulations Beta and well played everyone.

This game started out as my first attempt at a Civ 4 MP. So Ihope I learned a lot for the future.

Thanks Beta and thanks Witt.

Comment

• Time Spent is total uptime for the server...

Congrats, Beta!
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I could easily be persuaded to participate in another pitboss game hosted by Wittlich (great hosting job ).

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                            Time Spent is total uptime for the server...

I knew the later turns were getting time consuming .... but that sure seemed high for logged-in time.

So, one only needs to figure out how much power your PC uses in 24 hours, how much time you would be on-line anyway, and you can calculate the cost of hosting a pitboss game. Blood, sweat, and tears aside.

Congrats, Beta!
                            Thanks, snoop, and Herc and Witt as well.

And yes - what is next Witt????

Comment

• Power used (passively) is usually something like 80-150 watts (varies dramatically, and also does not exclude time you're already on the computer (thus should not be counted), and the energy to power your router (small but not zero).) 7200 hours times 100 watts, is 720kWh, which at .50/kWh is $360 (price per kWh is of course highly variable...) Something like $400/year, probably, all told.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Check is in the mail Witt!

On a more serious note, that is not inconsequential.

Comment

Working...
                                X