No announcement yet.

Apolyton Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gather I am the only one experiencing such problems? Is that correct?

I have looked further into it. It appears the ISP server is getting the notices on time. The problem would then seem to be the email app on my new computer.

Testing that now by cranking up the old machine and letting the old email program manage incoming mail for a bit.

And again - thanks for accomodating me.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
      If everyone is OK with it, I can roll the game back to 1812 (or even 1810 for that matter).
      1812 is fine with me. I will look around for my Tsaichovsky cd.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Oh so you hope to make overtures to someone.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Ok, 1812 save loaded with 8 hrs 15 min left on the turn clock. Both Beta and Snoopy left to play the turn.

Comment

• at Herc.

Thanks Witt! Appreciate that.

Seems the issue was with the mail program at my end. Windows Mail in Vista. I have changed some settings at it appears it is now sending on civtstats notices in a more timely fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
              Seems the issue was with the mail program at my end. Windows Mail in Vista. I have changed some settings at it appears it is now sending on civtstats notices in a more timely fashion.
              This is just one of many reasons why I am still sticking with XP - less surprises.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Lesson: Don't use Windows Mail.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• SBC

Game is now back up with 11 1/2 hrs on the clock. Snoopy, Beta, and Hercules left to play.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Turn played,

Back to the Future.

OK OK I like the joke.

Comment

• Computer rebooted itself during the night due to a Norton Update.

Game is now back up again.

Comment

• Yes it is and played. So this is us back on course.

Comment

• Game seems to still be down...
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• SBC

Game is back with just Snoopy left to play. Just under 13 hrs left on the turn clock.

Comment

• Sent this to Witt this morning.

Hi Troy. I can't connect to the game. Also, I am out of town for the weekend to see friends and have dinner with Mum. Can you please put the game on hold until late Sunday. They are talking a major winter storm here (another one ...sigh) so if I am stuck/delayed in Ottawa I will PM you from there. Ok? Many thanks.

Bruce/Beta
                              Hope folks are OK with this. Many thanks.

Comment

• No problem. I have saved the game and brought it down pending Beta's return.

Comment

Working...
                                X