• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agree. Good that you're back.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
      Game is now back up!

My network is back and operational again.
      Yay Now off to battle...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Turn played. Hey you meant it.

Comment

• ... Gueeess what?
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
          PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

• Yes, we just had a powerloss here in my part of San Francisco for the past 1 1/2 hours.

Game is now back up. I reloaded the lastest autosave.

Comment

• edit: What Witt said.

Comment

• Ooops, it did it again!

Actually it was probably GS, since only 2 games were up :X
                But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

• Yep...SBC

Game is back up again. 1400AD
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Game is back down again.

Comment

• Damn! One moment....
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Ok Hercules, the game is back up again.

Comment

• Yessir it is. And I have played.

Comment

• It looks like Snoopy just got finished wiping-out Josgalo's civ.

Good game Josgalo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
                              It looks like Snoopy just got finished wiping-out Josgalo's civ.

Good game Josgalo!
                              Well I think hard luck Josgalo. His comp or ISB went wrong I think I read and he couldn't get back into the game.

And from then on it was downhill for his civ.

But perhaps it wasn't like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules

Well I think hard luck Josgalo. His comp or ISB went wrong I think I read and he couldn't get back into the game.

And from then on it was downhill for his civ.

But perhaps it wasn't like that.
                                Mostly it was lack of military strength ... he didn't have macemen until it was too late for him really, and his empire was huge and thus hard to defend at multiple points. It's hard to defend against a concerted enemy that has a more diverse group of units than you ... and once he lost the elephants near our border, there wasn't much of a chance. A stack of war elephants, macemen, and crossbowmen plus various siege units is hard to resist except with an equal sized stack...

He connected for much of the part of the war that mattered, after that I didn't see him connect for quite a bit but it wasn't really at issue anymore except how fast I went through. After London was lost I think it was over, although he tried hard to do so anyhow for a bit with crossbows and macemen... all of his cities were size 2 or 3 after London so I assume some whipping on his part

Good game, Josgalo. Your bad luck was primarily that you were where you are, and with my choice of attacking Beta or you, it was not a hard choice due to Beta's superior military strength ...

Now we'll see what happens when my GA is over as to whether I can afford this civ or not Dang on maintenance... 7.50 per city

Comment

Working...
                                X