Apolyton Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.dyndns.org
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I should really look into that some time Snoopy...

Comment

• It takes about five minutes

Comment

• I was looking at it. Do you mean to tell me that the free service that they offer would be enough to effectively host a PitBoss game?

Comment

• SBC

Game back up. 680AD

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
              It takes about five minutes
              Well, I joined the site and made my account (had to use lordwittlich instead of just wittlich since it was already taken. )

Anyhow, I tried loading the game up under the Direct IP connect, but I could not connect to the game (it times-out), even though I can "ping" lordwittlich.dyndns.org

For some reason, it's just not working correctly for me...So the game is back up again within GameSpy...
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• New turn is up: 700AD
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Hmm, no idea why it wouldn't work. Gamespy doesn't really do anything anyway... maybe you are using a different port or something?

Comment

• Does Ping match your IP (whatismyip.com ) ? That's the first thing to check. After that is making sure your router and firewall are configured to properly pass things through - ie, if you have someone connect to your computer through Direct IP with a straight up IP address, will that work?

Comment

• And either way, guess what?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                      PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

• Ah yes, sorry about that Maki.

I had to take the game down to perform some windows updates.

Game is now back up. 740AD w/ 23:27 left on the turn clock.

Comment

• I'm very sorry guys. I was unable to play since last week. There was a strong storm in Barcelona and it broke my router
                          My ISP will send me a new one but until then I'm using a router's friend. I'm able to play again.
                          Sorry again.
                          "La vida es muy peligrosa. No por las personas que hacen el mal,
                          sino por las que se sientan a ver lo que pasa."
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

• No problem Josgalo...That would explain why you didn't adopt a state religion yet - I was wondering why this was. Any way, welcome back into the fold!
                            (Oops, actually it is Hercules who doesn't want a state religion)
                            Last edited by Wittlich; August 26, 2007, 12:59.

Comment

• A Little Accident

Sorry folks.

I knocked over my latte onto my keyboard and while I was cleaning it up, I accidently hit the 'power" key on my keyboard (I didn't even know that it was an active key...rest assured, it most definately was).

Long story short, I didn't save the game this morning (didn't get around to it yet) so I had to go back to the last save I had from last night - 740AD w/ 19:32 left on the turn clock.

So the following people need to replay their turn:

Josgalo and Snoopy

Sorry again - I guess I can blame it all on my "coffee habit" ... since Beta isn't currently around...

Comment

• I've done that before (not to ptbs) ... i remove the power key as soon as i get a keyboard nowadays

Comment

Working...
                                X