No announcement yet.

Exotica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW - if anyone wants some BtS games to play - I hear there is this new tournament thing going on...........

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• This is the only pic I have transferred so far from the laptop. My good friend Randy, also from Canada (and whom I have known for 20 years) and I are standing at 17,000 feet (base camp), having just planted our prayer flags. My wife took the picture. I am in the yellow jacket. And that is Everest to the right of me (my left).

It was a beautiful clear day - and night. I have a fabulous picture of Everest in the moonlight that I will post shortly. A once in a lifetime event. I do feel honoured and blessed to be able to be there and look up.
      Attached Files
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Very cool. Look forward to somore more pics when the are available

Comment

• Awesome picture Beta

When Rob and I went to Nepal we didn't make it to Everest Basecamp (we did Pokhara to Muktinath on the Annapurna Circuit) but would love to go back.

BTW, I'd be up for a bit of pitboss.

Nugog told me about this just today, am I too late?
          Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
          Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• Thanks Strudo and FeMme.

FeMmme - I hear Annapurna is great. Our tour guide, a wonderful Nepalese guide, has done a lot of trekking tours up through their. If we go bak to that part of the world, that will be our destination.

As to the game - not too late at all. Not sure when i will get this started. I may have lots of time tomorrow, but not sure. I have go for eye surgery first thing in the morning, and I may or may not be up for doing civ stuff during the day. Will wait and see. We are dealing with an early-form of posterior sub-capsulum (impressed?) cataract. Bit of drag to get them done this early in life - but this form of cataract develops much faster than the more common form, so I would like to get my good eyesight back. So, we may start this game soon - and we may not.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Good Luck with the surgery Beta. Sounds like fun!!

BTW, I'm happy with the settings that were already agreed on Page 8 (i.e. random civ, pangea, 24 hour turns etc).

Comment

• If still room, I would like to join.

Best regards,

Comment

• You're in fed.

Thanks for the best wishes FeMme. The surgery is done. Not quite fun, but certainly quick and painless, and definitely somewhat surreal. The doctor says it was a success. The eye is still a bit blurry, but should clear over the next 24 hours. Three different kinds of eye drops to put in at 2 and 4 hour intervals over the next several weeks. Thank god for Nurse Mrs. Beta.

Won't be starting this game today. Will be lucky to get my pitboss games played.

Comment

• So is this game really going to start or are we just fooling ourselves?

Comment

• Good old kiwi directness............
                      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• I figured that Beta would eventually get around to this game...
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• I'm sure he will, I'm just being an impatient southerner!!

I should give the guy a break...he has just undergone laser eye surgery after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeMme
                            So is this game really going to start or are we just fooling ourselves?
                            Yes and no.

I should give the guy a break...he has just undergone laser eye surgery after all.
                            And once more - with feeling - this Thursday. But then we will know what my eyesight will be - and I can finally get a proper prescription for reading glasses (aka computer glasses). The old pair I am using now don't really work for either eye.

That being said - I may crank it up sooner than later.

Comment

• So - for this game - we have the following players:

FeMme (ladies first)
                              Strudo
                              Fed
                              Witt
                              Beta

Could use one or two more more. Anyone know anyone who is interested, and plays their turns regularly?

We will be sticking with the "Exotica" theme, and choosing "exotic" civs, on the understanding that that is a very loose definition indeed. Please not that there is no implied bias in that one way or the other.

The civs are:

Aztec
                              Ethiopian
                              Incan
                              Khmer
                              Maya
                              Zulu

Not sure whether we should include Mali or not.

A random draft order will be determined as to who gets 1st through xth pick.

24 hour turn clock.

The map will be pangaea, with tropical climate.

Do folks want a standard or large map?

Comment

• I suppose a large map would be best. Will there be any AI?

Comment

Working...
                                X