No announcement yet.

Virgin PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I have set an admin password and sent the turn to Soltz. (Anyone should be able to do this but I set the game up to start with so maybe I should do it)

Hercules - when you get the turn please send it to Beta.

Beta - I have emailed you the admin password. When you get the turn please use it to open the save. You should then be able to change Foresters name and password, save it, open the turn yourself and play normally and then send it on to me. That way no-one else gets to see Foresters turn.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• Ok. Will do.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• The turn wouldn't open for me
        Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

• The dreaded patch.....
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Does look like a patch issue as I have BtS installed.

Comment

• What build version are you playing, Cerb? Soltz?

Remember that the 3.13 BTS patch also updated vanilla civ and warlords.

Comment

• I don't have BtS and according to the "Advanced" menu there are no updates needed.

I'm not having any problems with the other vanilla game I'm in.

Comment

• The first time I played this turn I had already installed BtS and had already taken out the admin password - so everything was OK.

Since then I have patched BtS to 3.13, which affects vanilla and Warlords. Adding an admin password is probably why it now won't work for Soltz.

The admin password I set was abc123 Soltz - will that let you play your turn? If so we can play one round with that in and I will take it out again when the turn gets back to me.

Comment

• It never got far enough to even ask me for a password unfortunately.

Comment

• Then I'm a bit stuck as to what else we can do here?

Comment

• Call for snoopy!!!!

Comment

• Two options.

One is to have no admin password for until it makes its way to Beta. To do that, it has to be opened by someone with 3.13, admin password cleared, then sent on to Soltz. You can send it to me if you like and I can do that (or just send the no-adminpassword save on and add one the moment before it hits Beta).

Alternately, and this is probably the better option,

Soltz, download the updated DLLs for warlords and vanilla at that link. That should fix any problems you're having. If it doesn't, then you have a more significant problem, and need to repair that (by reinstalling civ4 and warlords), because that means you have other files that have been modified.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• It worked!!!!

Turn played and passed on.

Comment

• OK!

Beta, you have the admin password so you should be able to takke over Forester's turn when it reaches you.

Thanks Snoopy.

Comment

• Ok Turn played. 1834 sent to Beta (I hope).
                                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                                X