Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcuspeddle
    replied
    Crap. I hope there are no more expansions to Civ IV . . . .

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied
    Originally posted by Masuro
    Can I open these saves in BtS? Swapping CDs all the time is a pain in the arse.
    It truly is, and I've found no way to get around this yet......

Leave a comment:

• marcuspeddle
    replied
    I've followed the directions above and sent the save to Cerberus. Let's hope it works.
    Can I open these saves in BtS? Swapping CDs all the time is a pain in the arse.

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied

Leave a comment:

• marcuspeddle
    replied
    I get back on the 18th. Give me a couple of days to recover and then I will see what I can do about saving our game.

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied
    No rush Masuro, and I'm sure we'll figure it out........

BTW, when do you get back to Korea??

Leave a comment:

• marcuspeddle
    replied
    I've installed BTS but won't be able to play turns until I get back to Korea.
    Upgrading the saves looks complicated and I'm not sure I remember if I used a password or not. Oh, dear . . . .

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied
    I too would rather update the game to the BtS version of Vanilla Civ. While I have the duel install at the moment I would rather reclaim the disk space if possible.......

Leave a comment:

• CerberusIV
    replied
    I upgraded when I installed BtS. I can get back to an un-upgraded version by installing from scratch on my laptop but would rather not.

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied
    I have both an un-upgraded and upgraded version of Warlords running so I am good to go either way......

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied
    Once we have all patched to the latest version maybe we should post here to confirm, then Masuro can apply the above procedure and we can continue this game..........

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied
    It look like Masuro set this game up so hopefully he has the admin password secure somewhere...................

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied
    OK, I think I have found the procedure to make the saves work with the new patches.........

For PBEMs the person who set up the game has to unlock the save with admin password in an un-upgraded install, then re-lock the save with admin password again after you patch

So, using an un-upgraded install you need to open the save from within your un-upgraded version of Civ, hit shift-alt-d, then type in the current admin password, then in the new window.. delete the stars in the password box, and press ok

then save

Then, in an upgraded install you open the above save, from within your upgraded version of Civ, hit shift-alt-d again, then re-type your chosen admin password and press ok

then play your turn, press end turn and send on to next player as normal........

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied
    To Masuro

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied
    To Masuro

Leave a comment:

Working...
X