No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Jungle Jumble, 2nd thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganging up on the game host? How rude.
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• krazy is just taking his piece of the cake (evil opportunistic bastard )
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• I saw a chance, and took it!

Comment

• and my nukes will ensure that krazy doesn't make the foolish mistake of attacking me

Comment

• My missile defense system will make sure your nukes don't touch my newly acquired lands

Comment

• hi all

i wanted to post earlier but never really got to it.

now that adam is out (sorry for attacking!) i can imagine that he won't want to host such a game for too long. but it won't go too long anyhow. i guess it'll be some 10 turns until krazy has conquered american lands and then it's just two of us... maybe time to switch to PBEM after that for the sake of adam's server. eric, what do you think?

Comment

• so it's imho time to think about the next game. i hope you guys are all up for it and maybe even lumpkin is available too?!

so far we had following games:
                - Sneak Attack: team game on own islands
                - Jungle Jumble: large continents
                - ???: snaky continents game with me and adam being on the same one
                - Water World: again something like snaky continents

so quite a lot of water so far. and in another game i am playing team islands. i'd quite like to try something new. new in two ways:
                - not so much water: ideally pangea, or at least bit continent blobs
                - not standard rules: maybe something like always war or always peace?

the first is all about surviving (obvious) and not getting killed off by war weariness (you have to consider which battles you really want to fight).

the latter is rapid expansion and then "build it out". this is also interesting combined with a terra map.

share your thoughts

or - we could use a map / scenario, but they tend to be less fair. in civ3 i once played a european map. which most of us were stuck between each other in western europe barely having 3-4 cities, the one guy in ukraine had about 20 cities and still plently of space. but there are surely balanced maps

Comment

• I know you can load up PBEM's into Pitboss, but I don't think it works the other way around, especially if you're doing simultaneous moves. Keeping the server going isn't that big of a deal, but since it's obvious that Sabre will win, maybe Krazy should just retire and let Sabre finish up on his own if he wants.

The previous game was called Missing Lump, but I can't picture the map at all.

I like the idea of a Pangea or Inland Sea game, or even a map with no oceans at all like Great Plains or Lakes.

Always War sounds bad to me. Always Peace could be interesting, but those who start with bad lands (Krazy) could easily fall behind and there wouldn't be much they could do about it. We could try One City Challenge.

Comment

• Sabre and I aren't quite done yet. We're working on something that'll make the end game fun for both.

I like a little water, because boats are cool.

Pangea might be fun.

Yeah, I always have crappy starting locations.
                    How does the One City Challenge work?

Comment

• darn, i nearly forgot about this one.
                      we can re-activate it if you want.

nonetheless, let's discuss the next game too...

one-city-challenge (OCC) is where you can only build a single city. it is not ideal because it depends so extremely much on where you start and what resources are around you.

Comment

• Well we know you'll win, so it's just a matter of whether you want closure.

One city challenge sounds interesting, but not very fun.

Comment

• Only a few more months and we can start a Colonization game!

Comment

• woohoo
                            although, knowing firaxis, it will take a few patches until all the multiplayer kinks are smoothed out!

in the mean time we could start that game we were once talking about. however, i am changing my job and am away most of august and the first week of september. will be available off and on...

Comment

• Alright, who all has Col? I do!

I spent most of tonight finishing up my game in the original before starting on the new. I haven't played much yet other than just to look around.

It looks pretty nice. I like the visual style of it all. It's nice in places like the city screen how it's more like "sketches" than graphial. Although, a photorealistic city view probably would have been neater.

The Governor feature will be nice, since those tedious tasks in the original is what took about 95% of the time. Although, I'm kind of wondering if it would be a good idea letting the governor control the people in this case. In Civ, it's basically just I want more Food, or more Shields---ha, i seriously typed that subconsciously--, but in Col I fear the Governor may not be smart enough to read your mind that you have a Weaver in another town and would prefer a specific square be planting Cotton instead of Corn.

Tomorrow night, I'll get a real game going!
                              Also, we could all get that new Civ4 game going if Sabre's busy era is past.

P.S. Not only do I many times say Shields accidentally, but Krazy and I both tend to always say "Right of Passage" instead of Open Border. It drives Rocksteady nuts.

Comment

• what, it's already out? wow! should have ordered it when i ordered other stuff from amazon.co.uk a few days ago :duh:

i'm up for a new game. my busy days have only just started, but at least no longer holidays planned for the next months. every now and then i'll have to travel to frankfurt (new job), but i will try to make sure that the hotel always offers free internet access... anyhow, my world setup request was posted a few months ago (see previous posts).

"rights of passage" --> but doen't that have another meaning? like some kind of growing up test that teenager boys have to do in gangs, etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X