[PBEM] Jungle Jumble, 2nd thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message from the mightly leader of Carthage:

It was just brought to my attention that a rogue Carthage warrior has ambushed a Dutch settler, forcing him to change clothes and assume the role of a worker. Let me make it known that I never issued such a command, and the warrior unit will be dealt with when and if it returns. Lord Sabrewolf, I give you my most humblest apologies, and I leave you with a word of wisdom from the wise leader of many past nations, whom spells part of his name incorrectly, Sabrewolf. When I was a young and naive leader, the wise Sabrewolf once told me, never send out a settler unattended.

Sincerely yours,
    The Leader of Carthage
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• yeah yeah yeah, sure...

and as messenger told yours: "you're dead, man"!
      we will reconsider crushing your pityful carthagian settlements if you give back the enslaved settler (now a worker) back. this will seriously have hurt us (losing 20 turns on the next city and production on the settler), but our revenge will not be too brutal then...

yours
      the so-far-peaceful leader of the north
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• OOC

that being said, don't let my high points-count confuse you! i'm playing a creative civ... borders grow very quickly. about 50 points of my total is from borders alone... your score is maybe 20 or so...

Comment

• I feel pity for you. Your lazy Dutch worker will only slow down my victory.

Comment

• Dear Empire of the North,

The Viking Empire would like to point out for you to remember who did NOT kill your settler and when it comes time for a war remember who is weak and is no danger to you.

Erik the Red

Comment

• noted

Comment

• Sheesh, 5 turns of Barbarian control and they breed like crazy!
                Attached Files

Comment

• i'm fending off barbarians too! more annoying however were certain carthagian neighbors who thought they could kill my settlers

Comment

• It looks like whoever played their turn a few minutes ago forgot to play their next one.

Comment

• that's me...

but in fact i didn't even play the previous turn... as i'm in luxembourg. will be back in 21 hours or so. turns are queued up, but i think i'm only missing 1 turn.

cheers

Comment

• these barbarians are getting really annoying! they just keep coming and coming...

currenty they are only warriors, so no problem fending them off. but i'm already petrified of the time when axemen, swordsmen and archers are coming from all sides...

Comment

• although, i must say that being a create civ does help a lot! i pushes back borders which means that there's less fog of war, more time to react, etc.

in the long run of course, the creative trait is quite useless

Comment

• the AI has really gotten tough in BtS!
                            they've built the colossus while nobody of us has yet even got metal casting!

question, lads: have you used espionage in BtS so far? i just cannot figure out when something is worth it and when not. when and how to expose an enemy spy, etc.

Comment

• I've only tried espionage once, and the mission failed.

Comment

• tried it against me?

in which case it worked! i had people revolt for one turn

Comment

Working...
                                X