No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Jungle Jumble, 2nd thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah, even without simultaneous turns people can be in at the same time.

Restarting sounds fine with me, though I do like my starting position too... Is there a way to use the same map and starting positions in a new game?
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• maybe somehow it's possible the extract the seed number of the game, but i don't think the starting positions can be the same...

how about we start a new game with the same settings (except that AI takeover is possible, and simulaneous turns are on, etc) and if anybody objects to the starting position we try again?
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Sounds good, new game is up, same address/port. Since it's just us three for now, can we hold off on CivStats? If you put your email address in the alt-d settings, the game will email you when it's your turn.
        Attached Files

Comment

• awesome, man! thanks

will have a go when i get home in 16 hours
          let's hope all our starting locations are decent enough!

Comment

• no luck connecting - it times out!

is the game up already?
            i won't be awake for much longer, so if you could reset the timer for the first turn i wouldn't be unhappy

Comment

• Strange. Nothing should have changed from the last game. Krazy can connect, sounds like Lump's problems.

It won't let instantly change the timer, I think the turn has to finish first. So, I've saved the game, there's about 7 hours left on the turn. I will reload it late tonight, and then again in the morning if you haven't connected by then.

Comment

• thanks! i got it 1hr before end of the cycle. it worked fine this time...

my starting location is however not so great. enough food but no luxury resources and close to the north pole.

i'll play it out but if anybody else isn't too happy either...

Comment

• I don't care, I've got a pretty good starting spot, no luxury resources either, but I'm just playing for fun, I don't intend to win.

Comment

• it's actually less the luxury resources that i'm worried about... it's the north pole that sucks

of course maybe south of me is paradise, but it could also be tundric wastelands or a powerful ancient AI or whatever

ok, so it's up to adam to decide... if he likes his position enough, we continue...

Comment

• I hate starting by the north pole, i'm in another game like that, it sucks.

Comment

• I like my position.

Comment

• i'm not getting any turn change emails

Comment

• It's working for me. Did you remember to set your email in the new game?

Comment

• odd... it worked this time...

Comment

• krazy, the connection problem you had with the "firewall" message... i now had the same when i tried to connect while you were online.

i opened up all ports for BtS and at more than one occasion aebbeka logged in while i was there... therefore i suppose it could be your firewall that's preventing us from playing multi-turn sessions?

what are your settings for BtS?

Comment

Working...
                                X