No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Jungle Jumble, 2nd thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, I have one of those free domains.

It's all ready to go, I just need to know the details about the settings, and any Civ preferences. Sabre could probably start it if he wanted to, and just send me the file. Either way should work.

My Civ choice is either Carthage or Maya. As for advanced start, I'd be up for trying it, but I'd rather not make it "too" advanced. Maybe starting at the Classical Age. That should be enough to avoid the dozens of turns of doing nothing.
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• I'll have a think about what civ I want to be and tell friend to do so as well.
      http://www.cojadate.com/

Comment

• my civ decision is based very much on the map, which we should agree on here (type and size)

i'd quite like archipelago, and something largish (but not huge). but i can live with any other setting the majority decides on...

and because some map types might have several people wanting the same civs (eg. portugal and holland on water heavy maps), i'd propose that we enable it that the same civ can be used more than once.

last: if you're up for it: how about a second game at in different time frame? if we're starting up the anyway, why not run two games. maybe this one a bit later or some scenario?
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Personally I don't like the idea of the same civ being doubled, for the sake of flavour. But if everyone else wants this then I will relent.

I'm interested in a second game but only if it's a scenario.

Comment

• ok, so what type of world do you all want?

Comment

• Scenario sounds interesting. I've never actually played one beyond just messing around.

There's so many Civs now, I don't know if two people wanting the same one will be a issue.

I vote for the Lakes map type. Archipelago sounds good too, though lots of water tends to make games less confrontational, like our last two games, especially SA. We have yet to do a map type where we're all on the same land mass.

Comment

• I'm up for anything, and I've already expressed my civ choice.

Comment

• ok, so i tried to install it and it just doesn't work. then i reinstalled all and it worked _without_ warlords but not with.
                  everytime it just stops installing without error message after it updates.

did any of you have any problems?

Comment

• actually I don't mind if people choose the same civ, so long as one of them renames it

problems installing BTS? In that case no I didn't have problems installing. Or is there something else I should be installing?

Comment

• Mine installed smoothly, as did the patch.

Comment

• it could be that my DVD is corrupt... i'm now trying to copy the files to my HDD and hope that the disc still works at least for the DVD validation check... else i'll have to return the disc

Comment

• ok, so regarding the map, let's go for the lakes that aebbeka is proposing?

so can we all agree on this?
                          - Lakes map, large, low sea level, all average/random climate
                          - 5 human players (JJ&SA players plus lumpy's friend (or DL? ), 4 random AI players
                          - tech trading off
                          - free religion choice
                          - no other special things like aggressive AI, raging barbarians or switched off other stuff
                          - noble difficulty for all, sabrewolf +1 level (prince?) ... but be kind as i'll be noticeably disadvantaged

Comment

• i'd like to go for "sitting bull" with the native americans as my civ choice unless anybody contests...

Comment

• sounds good although why no tech trading? i like raging barbarians but im not fussed. what does DL stand for?

Comment

• afaik "no tech trading" is used quite frequently in MP because it reduces the unfairness that politics can cause...

raging barbs are ok too, in fact i wouldn't mind it

DL stands for "double login". so far your friend has not written anything in this thread and we don't know who he is... so it could be you ..... just kidding

Comment

Working...
                                X