Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usually it's better to use a more concrete time after turn start, rather than after opponent's turn (if you play your turn at the first minute of the turn, and then I play mine ten minutes later, it's not particularly fair for me to play my next turn the moment the turn changes).

I usually follow the rule:
    * If I play always at the same time every day, as I generally do, I take my turn there regardless, so long as it's been 24h since my last turn.
    * Otherwise, at least 8 hours must have taken place in the turn, preferably 12

Like I said, I forgot that we had swapped places when I played yesterday morning, or I wouldn't have played again last night; though I probably would have had to play before you anyway as I needed to sleep before you generally play.

I think that it's not necessary to have quite this fixed of rules, so long as the intent is clear - don't take advantage of it to gain something you do not deserve. Frankly on most turns I don't care if you doublemove, as long as you don't attack me on the second turn, don't reinforce or pull back units into safety that would have been vulnerable, and don't reinforce a city or other location where I clearly would want to attack. This past turn, and the turn before, and probably the next turn or two, I don't care much if you doublemove, unless something changes (like I happen across a city i'm unaware of, or you launch a counterattack). I trust you not to take advantage of this, as hopefully you do me
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• the game is not in the ganespy's list
      Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• the game is not in the gamespy's list
        Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• I know.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• It's ok, Snoopy, I just wanted to know more about the practised rules. The two rules you enounces seem quite fair to me and are also what I follow in practise.

Beta, Do we have to blame you for this game interruption?

Comment

• Yes - I am to blame. Was dealing with the last bits of my computer switch over - and it got much bigger than expected - especially when the CD-DVD drive on my old PC gave up the ghost for some reason.

Snoop - how does one turn DMA on for a drive? I spent a lot of time going through the device driver screens - but no luck. I can read from the drive on my old PC, but cannot write anything to it.

Game should be up soon. Having to reinstall civ on the new machine.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Not sure why you'd need to enable it, but ...

Are you trying to transfer information over, or something else?

Comment

• I guess Beta encountered some computer transfer problems. CivStats just rolled over, but no game is available.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• I can get the game running fine - but civstats is quirky. I have a good saved file - so give me another day to get it going. Better half wants to go to bed now.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                      Not sure why you'd need to enable it, but ...

Are you trying to transfer information over, or something else?
                      Simply trying to get a DVD/CD drive to write to a disc. I can't, and that is the error message I get.

btw - is anybody else finding Poly slow to post these days - or is it only me??

Comment

• What's the full error message (and what are you using to write to the CD?) Or are you meaning write to the HD from a CD?

Comment

• Hurray. Finally got civstats to work properly. Kept getting an array error message. Seems fine now.

Game is up - with 22+ hours left on the turn.

As to the drive issue - I will get back to you on that one. Thanks snoop.

Comment

• Great. I have played.
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Civstat says the game is running, but I can't see it in the game's list :'( Is the game up or down?

Comment

• I think GS crashed, so down ...

Comment

Working...
                                X