X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah.... the game is a no show
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• The good news is Ephack and I already played our turns, so if Beta can get the game up soon, and all of you can play your turns soon, we can have another turn today regardless...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Will not be up until tomorrow. Sorry folks. Used the GS crash as a good time to switch over to my new computer.

And I need to reload civ on this one to make all well.

May get it done this evening - but no promises.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Any update Beta?

Comment

• Come on Beta! - we all know that you are making a powerplay-right when you bring the game down. Time down on this game is not going to change anything.
            I have to say that I'm...well, I'm not sure what to say since I have not had my turn.

Comment

• Nothing Machiavellan about the timing Witt.

No - it was simply a matter of getting the new PC set up, the shipped-security uninstalled and new security installed, and the civstats uploader installed, and MS office stuff loaded, and all my documents and pictures and email addy's and favourites moved over, etc, etc.

Just took a bit more time than I anticipated.

Also snoop - I was running an installation of BTS on this PC that the HOTW folks recommended. Vanilla civ4, BTS, and then 3.13. I tried to load warlords to that mixture - and it was a no go. Any idea why? I have tried that before and it didn't work then either.

So had to do the complete unistall and reinstall in the civ4, warlords, bts, 3.13 order. Worked fine - other than I think my warlords disc was dirty and kept giving me a glitch of some sort, until I washed it.

Anyways - all is done - and working just fine.

Game reloaded with 22 hours left on the current turn. Ephack and snoopy have played.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• No idea why it wouldn't load warlords post-3.13... should work fine. But, who knows...

Comment

• Up and running , played my bit.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Apparently we're just waiting for Beta...

Comment

• Again I missed a turn... A new turn begun shortly after Snoopy's message, at 7:16 PM (all times GMT-7). But the game went down at 8:02 PM.

It was reloaded this morning sometime before 4:51 AM when Hercule played his turn.

And the turn finished at 9:39 PM. Once again, my usual time of play was skipped

Why am I so unlucky?

Snoppy, I pass first now on the order to play the turns... Btw, did you read my MP?

Comment

• Just for my information: Is this sort of thing called a double move? If yes, Snoopy just did one... OK he didn't attack me on the second turn, but he still played two times in a row whereas he had plenty of time on the game counter...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• No I don't think so.

Especially as the early turn was am and the second, pm.

The double turn, as I understand it is where you are the last to play a turn and declare war during that turn. A new turn starts and then you are the first to play the new turn and immediately attack.

This doesn't give your opponent a chance to prepare a defence.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Ephack, there is more than 12 hours between Snoopy's turns.
                            I don't think we can demand that he waits for you to play for several hours. We all have RLs too, so probably Snoopy didn't have any other opportunity to play that day.

I would be double move if there was only 1-3 hours between the turns.

IMHO
                            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• To be honest I forgot that we'd switched places ... for most of this war I was playing first, but you missed a turn I think and ended up playing before me last round. Like you said, I didn't attack or do anything that would affect this, so it's essentially moot anyhow; the only time a double move really affects things is if it's used to attack from two turns away.

I think it's better in that order in terms of likelihood of two turns passing in one day, as this way I can sometimes play right after you do and then you can play for the second time like we did a few days ago...

Comment

• OK, then the rule is 12 hours after the opponent's turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X