• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game is not up!

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Originally posted by proviisori
      The game is not up!

yes it is! Still 14 hours keft on the turn.

Sorry about that. Just got back to the keyboard - and good old microsoft did an update and rebooted.

So, the next technical question is - how do you stop your pc from doing unwanted restarts?
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• It's mentioned in this microsoft article:
        Learn how to get the latest Windows updates. Find answers to FAQ about updating Windows to keep your PC up to date.

[q="microsoft"]
        Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then press ENTER.
        2. Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then click to select one of the following options. We recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them option. We recommend this because we are a bunch of ****** who think you're all idiots.
        * Download updates for me, but let me choose when to install them
        * Notify me but don't automatically download or install them
        [/q]

I recommend one of the two * points there. That's what it is set to for me. It installs them generally when I shut down.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by proviisori
          The game is not up!

yes it is! Still 14 hours keft on the turn.

Sorry about that. Just got back to the keyboard - and good old microsoft did an update and rebooted.

So, the next technical question is - how do you stop your pc from doing unwanted restarts?
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• That's an impressive DP, sir

Comment

• Not sure what that was all about.

Thanks for the info snoop!

Comment

• Signing in and will try to play in about 4 hrs from now.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• So, Beta kindly invited me to replace a now busy partner.

Sure,I'll do the trick.

About that "port" or internet/direct IP, no problem, just tell me

please the keyboard keys I need to press to arrive there.

Best regards,

Comment

• So Fed - two choices.

The game is hosted in the GameSpy lobby - so that is probably your first and best choice.

You may also try direct IP if you have not loaded GS. However, I do not have a static IP address, and if I reboot my router I will have to post a new address. So I will wiat and hear first if you have GS ready to go or not.

Comment

• And a big Bohemian welcome to both Hercules and fed!

Comment

• After a lot of "trial and error" I arrived at gamespy and to the
                        lobby.

And the Bohemian game is listed there; but I could do nothing
                        with it (clicked everywhere and nothing happened).

So,please,what needs to be done?

Best regards,

Comment

• Normally you double click on it and it brings up a Password window?

Comment

• fed - sorry to interrupt your effort - but I am bringing th game down for a complete reinstall - and then while I play the HOTW MP game this evening. The game will be back up this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest - and I can do chat or facebook to walk you through the Gamespy pitboss connection.

Comment

• Hello folks, I'm back! Welcome to our new gamemates!

Game is still down...

I blame Beta!

Comment

• Hey Francois! Welcome back.

The game was up and then down and then up again and now down again. I needed to do a complete reinstall of civ 4 for the HOTW mp session last night. The only way we can play with the game not going OOS is if you do exactly the following - and nothing more - no warlords - and no mods.

Load vanilla civ4
                                Load BTS
                                Patch to 3.13.
                                Play.

Well, the problem with that is that two of my games - including the C4DG require mods to play, and this and many other games require warlords. So after the session last night I unistalled and reinstalled all the stuff I need. Will do a separate install strictly for HOTW.

Man what a pain.

And the good news Ephack, as you have noticed, is that we have replacement players for pinchak (hercules) and Rhoth (fed1943 - as soon as we can get him hooked up to the game). Will be trying the pitboss within the hour. Thanks for your patience all.
                                Last edited by Beta; October 20, 2007, 14:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X