Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry. Will check next time. Yes - I saved it. It shows you as having played. I am the last to play this turn - so I will give you time to check and make sure you got all you move in.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• And another sorry - forgot to restart civstats. It is now up and running.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• New turn is up.

Comment

• So - still no word from pinchak. I am going to contact Hercules - who was set to replace him. And I will try and figure out why Soltz can't connect. Checking the port being used.

Comment

• MY PC just had a mini-meltdown. Got it working again. Good thing there is a brand new one set to replace it.

Will restart the game shortly. Trying to see what happened.

Comment

• Defragging the hard drive over night. Will not start the game until tomorrow. Sorry for the interruption.

Comment

• that's ok

(I blame Beta)
                Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• I had that one coming. Game starting up shortly. Just want to confirm the port so Soltz can get in and will try for a replacement player for pinchak.

Comment

• Snoop - the shortcut targets the ALTROOT=simon version.

In there the comm port is 2060.

But further down at the bottom is this...

; Email Address
                    Email = Beta

; DirectIP Host Address
                    DirectIP = snoopy369.dyndns.org

; In-game Alias
                    Alias = BetaACS

Any reason you show up as the DirectIP host address??? Was this something we accidentally did that night we were duplicating files, or are you spying on me.

Comment

• And I notice in the first version of the civ4.ini file, it is Uni's IP address from Test of Time in that location. So I presume this is probably the last accessed IP addy by me playing pitboss games.

So - the ports. The ALTROOT version is using port 2060, and the 'regular' version 2056. So I think I will have Soltz try both with the game up.

I have also PM'd Hercules. If he does not want in, I will then try fed1943.

Starting the game and PM'ing Soltz.

Comment

• I loaded the 1260ad auto save. That means everyone has to play this turn - whether you had or not. The save is of 3pm my time (est) yesterday.

24 hours on the clock.

Comment

• I've had a fairly major RL issue come up in the last couple weeks and, considering the problems I've had connecting to this game, I think it best that you drop me

I'll still participate in the other games I'm in but I probably won't be taking on any new ones for the next couple months at least.
                          Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

• Soltz. No problems. Understood and thanks for letting us know.

Hercules has agreed to take over for pinchak.

And GS must have gone down last night. Was able to save the game before restarting. 14 hours on the clock.

Comment

• Where did Pinchak go????????
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                                Snoop - the shortcut targets the ALTROOT=simon version.

In there the comm port is 2060.

But further down at the bottom is this...

; Email Address
                                Email = Beta

; DirectIP Host Address
                                DirectIP = snoopy369.dyndns.org

; In-game Alias
                                Alias = BetaACS

Any reason you show up as the DirectIP host address??? Was this something we accidentally did that night we were duplicating files, or are you spying on me.
                                That means you're using 2060, so anyone would have to enter your directIP address as
                                IP.IP.IP.IP:2060

The direct-ip host address is just the last person you connected to in that ini file (probably in the file you copied that from in generating the Simon files).

I use much more clever spying techniques that don't leave trails for you to catch
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X