Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PC had a hiccup a few minutes ago and all windows closed. Including the pitboss. And I cannot find a save more recent than 1190ad, although I know they are there.

Plse be patient while I try and figure out where they got to. I also have pbem saves disappearing. I think it is all snoop's fault.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Saves are often found in the MP autosave folder.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I found them in the auto saves in that 'simon' folder we set up snoop. Seems since I restarted the game, that is where it is putting the saves. I think I better go back to a single game set-up.

Anyways - loaded up the 1210AD autosave with 24 hours left on the turn timer.

Neither pinchak or Soltz have checked in to take over their respective civs, despite PM's from me.

Plse let me know if there are any problems playing.

Thanks again for your patience folks. Was house renovating again today, the Sarantium save arrived, and there was a provincial election.

Now connecting civ stats.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• You've been using the wrong shortcut, then. Don't go blaming me

Comment

• I have to blame someone. And I can't blame Beta like everyone else does.

Ok - I have kicked Ephack to the AI, as he is away for two weeks.

And still no sign of pinchak - so I am going to re-offer his civ to Hercules, unless anyone has problems with ths.

And I will re-PM Soltz regarding Rhoth's civ.

In the meantime, please do not take advantage of an AI civ until we can get this straightened out. Many thanks.

Comment

• That's not directed at the guy with AIs on both sides of him is it

If you need help with a Soltz-Beta Connection Blitz let me know, i can help. Friday night or something. Cause I got no life.

Comment

• I have the IP address and the password but the connection always times out on me

I even tried it with both vanilla and warlords tonight but no-go either way. I'm assuming this is a warlords game.
                Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

• Soltz, this is an Internet game, not a Direct IP one...so you have to join the game from the GameSpy Lobby - BUT Houston, we have a problem....Bohemian Epic is not showing up on GameSpy, Beta.

EDIT: And yes, this is a Warlords game Soltz.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• You do not necessarily have to connect via Internet - you can always (in theory) connect to them via directip - but I suspect Beta is using a nonstandard port, which Soltz would have to know.

Comment

• Ahhh, I didn't know you could do that Snoopy.

Anyhow, the game is back up again on GameSpy. Thanks Beta
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• I blame Beta....

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Me too!

I may need to bring the game down for HOTW. But we will see in a few minutes. I was using the standard port - I thought - but then again - maybe not given all the various installs I have right now.

Comment

• I was in the game just now, and it exited... Beta did you disconnect it or did things go wrong?

Comment

• I closed the game snoop. Sorry. Was in HOTW - and all was running well, and then we got hit with OOS. Thinking it may be the pitboss - I closed it down - but it looks like the OOS is a 3.13 bug with random events triggering the OOS. CS is trying to fix the save using a beta patch. Sigh - the joys of MP.

I will bring the Bohemian Epic game back up in a few hours.

Comment

• Next time please don't close the game while a player is in it

Did you save the game before you closed at least?

Comment

Working...
                                X