No announcement yet.

Bohemian Epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok - my Mom did the honours under the supervision of my better half.

Here are the results:

Wittlich - Egypt (need to choose leader)
    Ephack - Arabia
    Beta - Spain
    Flamer - Persia
    pinchak - Greece
    snoopy - Carthage
    Rhothaerill - Rome (need to choose leader)

Again - this game will be at noble, with the inland sea geography. All victory conditions in effect, and barbs at regular.

The only question I have is should we allow city flipping after capture. (Not sure why this option wasn't the other way around).
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Good wishes to you and your family Beta. I know you're going through a hard time. My wife went through something similar with her mom a few years ago so I know better than many.

That is of course why I tell the truth when I say that you're going down in flames. A little levity and trash talk never hurt anyone.

Comment

• As for my Roman friends, I'll try out Julius and the new trait. Since I came late to Warlords I have yet to try it out.

Comment

• Yippeee!!!

I'm Persia again!

That's OK.
          Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• All my best wishes, Beta! I know it's a hard time...

I'm ok for Arabia and I would propose to allow the city flipping.

Comment

• Definately allow city flipping.

Concerning Egypt...I will go ahead and be Rameses II.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Thanks all. Appreciate your thoughts.

I will get going on this tomorrow.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta

I also have to figure out a way of covering up my computer. In our small place here in Florida - Wyatt the dog sleeps in the living room where the computre is. And my old computer - the one I am using down here - has acase with neon lights running up the side. It is verry cool. But it may drive Wyatt batty. I think I have the solution. It is called a blanket.
                  This is a hoot. This morning, for the first time in the several years I have owned this computer, the neon lights on the side of the computer are NOT working. Problem solved.

Artifical intelligence, maybe???

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhothaerill

That is of course why I tell the truth when I say that you're going down in flames. A little levity and trash talk never hurt anyone.
                    West coast dreamer.

Crash and burn, baby. Crash and burn.

Beta makes a note to himself to ensure Rome is no where close to iron .....

Comment

• Yes, you will. And I don't need iron to do it.

/me fondly remembers the last time he played Rome in a 1 on 1 Civ3 game against Beta. Now to make those memories come true in a new game.

Comment

• I'd prefer to go with the standard game options when possible.

The city flipping option is that way because if you set it, it's very hard to keep a city that you've conquered, particularly if you only are fighting a limited war.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'd prefer standard options as well. I want ALL of Beta's cities. Muuuhuuahhahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhothaerill

* Rhothaerill fondly remembers the last time he played Rome in a 1 on 1 Civ3 game against Beta. Now to make those memories come true in a new game.
                            Yes - that was a good game. But it was handicapped by the Statue of Zeus. Now in this game - you get the Praetorian, which many folks think create an unbalanced game. For that reason, many MP games exclude Rome.

But being new to civ4, my Mon felt you needed the advantage.

Comment

• Actually I'm not new to Civ4, just Warlords. I stopped playing most games almost a year ago and just got back into it thanks to you and Sarantium.

Comment

• Hah!

Blame Canada!
                                Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Working...
                                X