• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, but I can't host.
    My civ capable comp is not online 24/7.

/me pushes the snoopy button
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• I would be willing to try it...but I've been looking at the game setup, trying to figure out how one actually goes about starting a PitBoss game...but can't seem to figure out how.

Comment

• Hosting a pitboss game is easy actually. It's keeping your comp up 24/7 that is tricky.

If any of you guys are serious about being the host I would be more than happy to walk you through it.

What are you guys thinking as far as game peramiters?

Comment

• I would like to try to host, but I can't have my computer connected 24/7...

For the game parameters... Beta, you have the ones of the game? That was good for me (with the change of the speed)

Comment

• You should have no problem rehosting a PTBS game, it has a save just like any other game, just load that on the new computer and make sure it has the same setup (same version of warlords, etc.) and it should work fine. If you start seeing OOSes, that means probably that the new computer has a different DLL in some fashion from the old one, but as long as you aren't downloading mods that affect the core files, it should be fine
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...alkthrough.doc is my walkthrough for setting up (And playing) PTBS.

I'm also glad to join in

Comment

• Ok - I will try and host. Thanks for the info snoop and for joining the game.

That is 6 players so far.

From a civ perspective, I am thinking:

Rome
                Greece
                Persia
                Egypt
                Carthage
                Spain
                and if we get 7...
                Arabia (saladin) or the Turks or the Malinese. Or we go with the 6. Ms. Beta will draw names out of a hat to assign civs - if that works for people.

And do we continue to call it Bohemian Epic - or Ancient Med (more appropriate).
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Thanks for the invite Beta. Count me in.

I think I should be able to get by on the 24 hour time limit, but in truth I only have one time to play each day and that's at about 7-10pm Pacific time. I suppose I'll have to make sure I have 2 or more turns set up each time I play...just in case.

Comment

• Just a question: is it possible to make a break in a pitboss game? For example, if a player goes on holiday for more than 1 week, can the admin pause the game until the player comes back?

And welcome to all the player joining us! that's great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephack
                      Just a question: is it possible to make a break in a pitboss game? For example, if a player goes on holiday for more than 1 week, can the admin pause the game until the player comes back?
                      It is possible...

You can either let the AI take over or you can find someone to play for you. Just give him/her password to the game and your password to your civ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                        Ok - I will try and host. Thanks for the info snoop and for joining the game.

That is 6 players so far.

From a civ perspective, I am thinking:

Rome
                        Greece
                        Persia
                        Egypt
                        Carthage
                        Spain
                        and if we get 7...
                        Arabia (saladin) or the Turks or the Malinese. Or we go with the 6. Ms. Beta will draw names out of a hat to assign civs - if that works for people.

And do we continue to call it Bohemian Epic - or Ancient Med (more appropriate).
                        Will we randomize who gets what civ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamer(fin)
                          Will we randomize who gets what civ?
                          Yep, that is why Beta will have his wife pull names out of a hat to assign players their civ.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Also the host can save the game and exit the pitboss server, which also effectively pauses the game (and then load up the same save a week later or whatever). But it's easier to either find a sub, or have an AI sub for you. It can't mess things up TOO badly, I don't think ...

Comment

• So, uh, when is this thing starting?

I'm going to have to give Beta a hard time about offering a game and then not following through in a timely manner. I may even have to boot him out of the game early...again

Comment

• Ok - will get to it the day after tomorrow.

Me Mum is still here, and she gets all my attention - in fact - she deserves all my attention. She is taking a break from looking after my Dad who is suffering from Lewy Body (a form of Altzheimers). She needs the break. Also, we have had a couple heavy-duty conversations this week about my Dad's future, and putting him in a home.

All of us pray to whomever you pray to that they come up with a cure for this before we reach that age. Trust me .. you don't want to be there.

I also have to figure out a way of covering up my computer. In our small place here in Florida - Wyatt the dog sleeps in the living room where the computre is. And my old computer - the one I am using down here - has acase with neon lights running up the side. It is verry cool. But it may drive Wyatt batty. I think I have the solution. It is called a blanket.
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X