No announcement yet.

Bohemian Epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, Louis XIV, declare having sent the save 3790 to Witt!

Comment

Thanks Ephack.

3760 BC Turn sent to Beta.

Comment

And to Hurlyman.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

And right back to Ephack!

Comment

Sent to Witt. Sorry for the 24-hours delay.

Comment

3730 BC Turn sent to Beta.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

No worries about the delay life happens!

Comment

Indeed! No problem at all. A pbem game takes a long time, so what's one day.

btw - would you folks be up for a pitboss based game. I have to admit, I am enjoying immensely the ones I am in, and would be keen on starting another. Furthermore, more players does not slow the game down given the format of play.

And oh yes - save to Hurlyman.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I've never tried a pitboss game, so why not? But if I remember well, you have only 24hours to play your turn and if you don't, you miss one turn. Am I right?

If so, I'd rather wait a bit before beginning such a game: I will move on january and probably won't play for several days, if not weeks. I'll do my best for the pbem game, but in a pitboss configuration, it's probably not possible...

Comment

Ephak - that is correct, a;though the turn timer can be set at 36 hours or 48 hours or some other time as well. Also, you don't really 'miss' a turn per se. Your cities continue with their build queues, research continues, and units move provided you gave them a couple turns instructions.

But, that si Ok for a weekend if you are going away. Given your move, let's wait until after you have settled. We can then rustle up some more players.

Comment

Well yes, I think it's better for me. Is there any ather difference with a pbem game? I mean, what is the best advantage? Is it "only" that you can play a turn in any order?

Comment

I would be up for a Pitboss game! Sounds very interesting.

Turn to Ephack.

Comment

Sent to Witt

Comment

3700 BC Turn sent to Beta.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

And back around to Hurly.

Ephak - the huge advantage is that you can have an 8 or 10 player game, and do a turn every 24 hours. With a pbem game of that size, you are lucky to get it done in a week.

If we were 4 in a pitboss game, and we had our schedules set, we could probably do a full turn in well less than 24 hours (because as soon as all players have played - the turn advances and resets the clock); in fact, you could well get in a number of turns in one evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X