Bohemian Epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beta

Yes - that was a good game. But it was handicapped by the Statue of Zeus. Now in this game - you get the Praetorian, which many folks think create an unbalanced game. For that reason, many MP games exclude Rome.

But being new to civ4, my Mon felt you needed the advantage.

Oh and the handicap was that I got it before you could. Not that it really helped me. By the time I took you on I had 40 cavalry to your 2.

What really handicapped you was that I plied the AI with friendship while you tried to be a hardass. They liked me enough that I was able to completely shut you out of trading with everybody and you had to research everything on your own from about Feudalism on. That's why I got so far ahead in tech and was building cavalry by the dozens.

Fond memories.

Comment

• Is this game a ffa starting in 4000 BC?

The old name Bohemian Epic lends itself to some sort of sceniero. Is there anything i should know about this particular game going into it, or is it just a standard no mod game with pre-determined empires?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinchak
        Is this game a ffa starting in 4000 BC?

The old name Bohemian Epic lends itself to some sort of sceniero. Is there anything i should know about this particular game going into it, or is it just a standard no mod game with pre-determined empires?
        This will be a standard no-mod game, with the empres as listed above. I just like to give games some character, that's all. A license to create some fiction and post a couple of pictures.

Will be working on this today. Mum left yesterday, and then the evening was spent booking next summer's trip.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamer(fin)
          Hah!

Blame Canada!
          Go ahead. We have big shoulders and don't get too excited about much. Other than hockey, and beer, and peace keeping, although I have to admit, our mission in Afghanistan goes well beyond that. Peace keeping that is.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhothaerill

Oh and the handicap was that I got it before you could. Not that it really helped me. By the time I took you on I had 40 cavalry to your 2.

What really handicapped you was that I plied the AI with friendship while you tried to be a hardass. They liked me enough that I was able to completely shut you out of trading with everybody and you had to research everything on your own from about Feudalism on. That's why I got so far ahead in tech and was building cavalry by the dozens.

Fond memories.
            Yes - it is all coming back to me now. It was a good game. Bring on the Roman Civil War.

Comment

• Bump...

Let's just fill in with random choices for anything left to choose and move on
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Sorry - had another pbem game to set up today as well. This one will start tomorrow - with snoopy's help I presume. My first attempt at hosting a pitboss game.

Comment

• well I close tomorrow, so you have my help from about 9-10am to 1-2pm CST.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Thanks for all your input snoop!

The game is up and running. Please access your assigned civ and play your turn. Good luck to all.

I will register the game at civstats shortly.

I will also be starting a new thread for tracking - with the new game set up and all. Just give me a few minutes here.

Comment

• YEEEEHAAAA!!!!

Fear my mighty armies!
                      Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamer(fin)
                        YEEEEHAAAA!!!!

Fear my mighty armies!
                        A northerner trying to keep himself warm.

Comment

• Beta - What is the Password for the game?!
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
                            Beta - What is the Password for the game?!
                            oh.. we would need that one, Beta.

I guess you are just keeping it a secret so you can check everybodies starting positions? Admit it!

Comment

• nevertheless...

Persia will rule the earth!

Comment

• Oh - I have already checked all the starting positions and added some resources here - and deleted a few there....

password is: seagull

And the new thread for further conversation is here

Comment

Working...
                                X