No announcement yet.

Asian Tigers PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed, this is the PBEM thread I look forward to opening.

To rumpo
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• You're all still waiting for me, I know. I've been getting home from work too late the last two days, but I promise I'll play tonight.
      I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

• Sorry for the delay. Sorry also that I seem to be wholly bereft of inspiration. I've tried for inspiration, Lord knows I've tried.

I tried waiting for inspiration, to no avail. I studied up on inspiration , especially on methods for forcing inspiration and discovered that throughout recent history people have sworn by three main techniques to give inspiration that little helping hand.

Alcohol, particularly favoured by the writing community. So, I took myself off down the pub with a fist full of money and asked the barman to fill a pint glass with one shot of every spirit he sold. When I woke in the gutter I discovered that not only had I not found inspiration but I had lost the power of speech.

Apparently some people of a musical bent favour something called weed as a door to inspiration so I went around all my neighbours collecting all of their garden debris, and smoked it. Do you think I felt inspired? I did not. Though I do wheeze alarmingly when I walk more than three steps in a row.

During the sixties, when certain musical types had realized that smoking their neighbours' garden waste was really not helping them, some of them turned to hallucinogenic substances of a fungal derivation. So gaining access to a fridge belonging to some students by careful application of beer I scraped off the disturbingly alive looking substance covering the back on to a piece of toast, and ate it. Nothing, not a twitch of inspiration. Though my friends now ensure me that I twitch rather alarmingly in a physical sense.

So my friends I can only apologise from the bottom of my heart for the next sentence. Turn sent.

Please send flowers and tributes to...
        I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by rumpo kid
          Sorry for the delay. Sorry also that I seem to be wholly bereft of inspiration. I've tried for inspiration, Lord knows I've tried.

I tried waiting for inspiration, to no avail. I studied up on inspiration , especially on methods for forcing inspiration and discovered that throughout recent history people have sworn by three main techniques to give inspiration that little helping hand....
          You are allowed a break. Trust us. Have a drink or smoke a .... er.. whatever....you are wonderfully OK. Rumpo - you rule. So mellow, get high on life, and relax naturally. No need to keep us continually entertained.

Save to Witt.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• 1930BC Turn sent to Cerberus.

Comment

• Just a quickie note to let you know that I'm going off to my partner's sister's wedding and I won't be able to play until Sunday evening. No sneaking a look at my cards while I'm gone!

Mark Thomas

Comment

• Now what was that admin password?

To rumpo

Comment

• I'm back and only a little bit sober. Had a lovely weekend - who knew that two days without Civ could be so much fun.

Oh yes, turn turning.

Mark Thomas

Comment

• Glad you had a good time Rumpo.

Save to Witt.

And now I am away for 2 and a bit days. Back on Wednesday. Sorry about the interruption. Can't be helped. Visiting in-laws.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Have a safe trip Beta.

1900BC Turn sent to Cerberus.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Visiting in-laws or playing Civ? That's a tough call.

To rumpo

Comment

• Not much time before beddy-byes so boring post I'm afraid. I wish I could put on a really monotone tone of voice, but that's pretty difficult to do with a keyboard. Hmm! Maybe I just need more practice. Hope the in laws are well Beta.

Mark Thomas

Comment

• Back. Yep - trip went well, thanks. And the drive back today, along the northern Florida gulf coast was just wonderful.

Thanks for your patience. And save to Witt.

Comment

• 1870BC Turn sent to Cerberus.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• To rumpo

Comment

Working...
                                X