No announcement yet.

GeoWolf turn tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in what way did my naval force stop you trying to get hannibal's capital? i was nowhere near to endangering you, at best i could blockade your fish and clams.

and once i started engaging ragnar i would not reinforce my naval force (in fact, i used upgraded caravels for bombarding him)

i play an opportunistic game when i play alone. but i also have two running cooperative games.
    when alone i try to optimise everything for the big showdown. my attacks are mostly long planned (though in this game it was absolutely spontaneous!). usually i'm strong in the middle game which allows me to build up my forces for early industrial days. after that the edge gets lost.
    so in EC4 the most likely solution was cavalry... you should have seen that coming.
    had it been an ancient start with normal game speed i would have for sure keshik-rushed you

i usually lost at emperor and was slightly better than monarch.

last: which civic gives +2XP to naval units?

cheerio
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Theocracy and Vassalism are both civics that give +2XP to ALL military units.

On Hanni and your navy: I had no clue how close you were to Astronomy and thus galleons, which linked with your agressive scouting of my coasts gave you the opportunity to look where my army was and invade on the other side of the continent.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• you sound a bit paranoid
        your units take about 3 turns to cross the continent while i'd take at least as much to bring over troops. and you knew the power of ragnar's army. there was no way i could remove any unit from my continent until i was up to par

Comment

• No, I didn't, a certain Swiss blocked my attempts at gathering intel on Ragnar to see how "safe" I was from incursions.

And crossing my continents was closer to 5 turns with the heavy power (Samurai) units, so...
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• your caravels would have been safe along the coast. it was only the intercontinental invasion that made me react

5 turns? ok, me too. but i would have attacked from my east coast because that's where i had 2 strong cities. on the other side only one mediocre town...

Comment

• ok, i iz back!

would you want to do a builder-heavy game?

i could see two interesting scenarios:

A) imperialist approach: like USA vs Soviet Union

we never can declare war against each other / attack each other but we can manipulate the rest of the world to our preference. so you can attack my friends freely, i can bribe your neighbors to attack you, et vice versa.

this can be done as

A1) either a team game (for instance us + each 2 AI) where there we could only fight the AI and never directly [to prevent expoitation, the defender cannot just place units in the AI's city or block the way, but you can gift units]

A2) or as a preset scenario where we preset the world, give the AI the same religion and then it's your job to keep them happy and friendly to you.

... of these two i prefer A2 because there is more independence.

another type could be
              B) peace.
              all normal, except "always peace" is on. B) would mean cultural expansion only and a purely builder approach. victory via culture, spaceship or at 2050ad (diplomacy difficult)

C) opportunist:
              we cannot attack any AI and not each other. but we can for instance motivate AIs to attack each other and settle the razed areas. here we could add dominance victory however it's virutally impossible.

could you imagine something like this?

Comment

• and feel free to post any other proposal, i'm up for (nearly) everything

Comment

• I missed your post from last week, sorry about that.

I can give you a 1-2 turn/day PBEM, I like to reserve most of my free time for something I'm busy with these days. (at least for when I'm in the mood for it )

There's no need to for artificial setups. I prefer the game as it is, if you feel like attacking everything in the world so be it. It's only over quicker then.

Proposal: Prince difficulty, heavy barb, permanent alliances, All victory conditions enabled, cultural take over and cultural retake after conquering a city, small map, random civs for every participant, being it human or AI, high seas and a globe map.

Don't care too much for the map, as long as it's on a globe.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• ok, sounds fine.

but... can we attack each other or not?
                    i mean... can we without quitting after a few lucky battles

Comment

• But... I like hitting aly+q... yeah yeah, I'll be good...

O yes, how about at least 4 AI's on the small map? Let's make it a bit crowded... and if you want alot of barbs on remote places, Terra would be ideal (this map is not a requirement, perhaps a random map would be best)
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• i like the terra idea have not played that map since my 2nd civ4 SP game

not sure if it's not too crowded then, 6 on small on a regular map is already little. in terra you've got 1/3 less space.
                        shall we use a) 3 AI, b) 4-5AI at one map size larger, c) like you proposed?

as for the fighting: be aware that i will have to defend my new continent from invading

Comment

• I thought you liked the roots of conflict? ;-)

If you want a bit more land (to begin with), then use instead of high seas medium or low with 6 participant civs.
                          But I prefer to keep the map small, for performance reasons on my laptop.

Btw, terra maps are a third bigger then continental maps afaik.

I let you do the setup this time.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• last thing: are you patched?

Comment

• Of course!
                              Wouldn't want to miss out on the improved AI!
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• ok, we're now also patched in my other warlords PBEM so i'm gonna set this one up

see thread here:

Comment

Working...
                                X